New Brake Pads

HaulinBuggy

Established Member
The Raybestos pads are in and I have to say {knock on wood} so far so good. Made sure to break 'em in right, so we'll see what happens after a couple hundred miles...Big road trip this weekend.

Stopping feels better than stockers.

Hardly any break dust either. Which really keeps the CCW's looking good.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
HaulinBuggy said:
The Raybestos pads are in and I have to say {knock on wood} so far so good. Made sure to break 'em in right, so we'll see what happens after a couple hundred miles...Big road trip this weekend.

Stopping feels better than stockers.

Hardly any break dust either. Which really keeps the CCW's looking good.
Told ya so! :bowdown: Thats the only brake pads for me...Screw Hawks... :beer:

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
I did the Hawk pads, Russell stainless lines and Dot 3 fluid. OMFG what a difference! The pedal feel is unparalled and it stops on a dime with NO squeal. Strongly recommend it.

FredK'03Cobra

Established Member
cobravenom39 said:
I did the Hawk pads, Russell stainless lines and Dot 3 fluid. OMFG what a difference! The pedal feel is unparalled and it stops on a dime with NO squeal. Strongly recommend it.

Dot 3? Why go backwards? The stock Dot 4 has a higher boiling point. You may want to switch back to the 4 before you start experiencing fade.

shadowcoupe

I-CAN-STANG said:
They work fine man! I get no squeal or dust with the ceramics all the way around. The stopping power is just as stocks when they heat up. All ceramic pads must heat up for optimal performance. They're the best though. I'll probably never use another pad. Hawks are good but they squeal like a pig unless you go with their ceramics. The hawks ceramics cost a lot more than the raybestos though.

is it necessary to resurface the rotors? or is it cool to jus toss on the pads?
how far can a resurface be cut into front and rear rotors?

silvercoffin

Established Member

I changed to the ceramic pads that tirerack sells..i forget the brand..

No sqeal, they felt great the second I took the car out and no dust..

I didn't change the rotors because I couldnt get them off!

How do you get our rotors off?

Is there a clip holding them on or are they just seriously rusted on...like the front wheels were?

The rotors felt fine and the car brakes the same if not a little better with the new pads.

I am going to get Ceramic pads for my truck too. I hate the brake dust especially in the truck. A day after I wash it the front wheels are black.

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
My stock pads squealed a little from time to time. I then went with Hawk HP+ pads and they were way too noisy. It was embarrasing to drive the car. They did bite better than the stock pads though. I took the Hawks off and am not running Themoquiets from O'Reilly. They don't have the initial bite of the Hawks, but are much quieter and only slightly squeal now and then.

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
silvercoffin said:
I changed to the ceramic pads that tirerack sells..i forget the brand..

No sqeal, they felt great the second I took the car out and no dust..

I didn't change the rotors because I couldnt get them off!

How do you get our rotors off?

Is there a clip holding them on or are they just seriously rusted on...like the front wheels were?

The rotors felt fine and the car brakes the same if not a little better with the new pads.

I am going to get Ceramic pads for my truck too. I hate the brake dust especially in the truck. A day after I wash it the front wheels are black.

The rotors are held on by some clips that go around the lugs. I think 2 per wheel. I just used a flat screwdriver to pry them up and some dikes to cut them off. You don't need them. They are only there to hold the rotor on the car when it is being assembled. Always have the rotors turned or at least checked when doing pads.

finally

Established Member
I'm in the middle of a brake install right now. Putting on the Slotted/drilled rotors and Hawk ceramic pads. Had to stop because a airshow started up over the Auto Hobby shop on base and security made the shop close down. I'll let you guys know how it stops tomorrow. A friend of mine has a WS6 T/A and man, the brakes on that thing absolutely ROCK.

Users who are viewing this thread