New brakes and yet another blkGT500nCA customer

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
I was having new brakes installed (DBA 4000's, Hawk pads, Stoptech Stainless lines...) so while I was at it I had Brian (blkGT500nCA) powdercoat the rear calipers black to match the stock Brembos. I wasn't as daring as others to consider Orange or some other color...maybe next time around :beer: As you can see from the pics they came out great and with the CCW's they can really be seen :burnout:

Interestingly enough, the DBA 4000's came in black as ordered, but I quickly found out that the black is only painted on and wiped right off when I washed the car so the gold showed through (needless to say I was a little :fm: ) They sent a new set as replacements, but the paint on those was even worse. So off they came and they went to a local powdercoater to get them coated black as they were supposed to be. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem or not. :shrug:

Thanks to Ron and the guys at Blue Collar Performance for the install...they did a great job even when we had to deal with the DBA deal. And thanks to Brian for the great job on the rear calipers! I'm already looking for other things to have coated. :banana:

IMG_0257s.jpg

IMG_0256s.jpg

DSCN1432s.jpg

DSCN1433s.jpg

DSCN1435s.jpg

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Looks great Kevin. Thank you for your business! Looks like those CCW's polished up good too!

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Congrats on the DBA rotors...best in the world in my book!

bossnova3

Established Member
Sounds good for never touching them again.... Here are my front 6 piston calipers
c89c1857.jpg
[/IMG]
a90a827f.jpg
[/IMG]
21d9a340.jpg
[/IMG]
9cd97008.jpg
[/IMG]
0f8b9ab4.jpg

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
if i had the $ i would really want the baers front and back. but im quite content with the look of my brakes now

bossnova3

Established Member
I only opted for the fronts, because I wouldn't be able to run the rear 15" racestar when I go out drag racing....
a4eeff6d.jpg
[/IMG]
bbfb63b7.jpg
[/IMG]
a3069af0.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread