New Breaks *pics*

ChronicReign

Chrome bumper your face!
Established Member
New Brakes *pics*

Well I just got my new powerslots and hawk pads installed this 4th of July week. The install went pretty smooth, after some know-how from a few friends that are more mechanically inclined than I. While I was in there I painted the calipers and added some SVT and Lightning decals that I got from a member on the boards. (Thanks jster171!) Tell me what you guys think!

Old Rotors
DSC02473.JPG

More Old Rotors
DSC02476.JPG

The mess I make working
DSC02484.JPG

New Rotors
DSC02485.JPG

Close-up of the new rotor
DSC02488.JPG

Decaling the shield
DSC02501.JPG

Finished product
DSC02505.JPG

DSC02522.JPG

:D

Last edited:

ChronicReign

Chrome bumper your face!
Established Member
xxunleadedxx said:
\

Thats one hell of a big hammer, I hope you didn't have to use it :poke:

Lol, I had read stories of people taking their rotors off and a lot of people said they had to smack them to get them off. So my BFH was there for backup, and intimidation. I ended up not needing it though. :rolling: :rolling:

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
the svt/lightning really looks good.

i wanted to do something liek that on mine that says GT but i dunno if anyone has such thing.

Also what i did on my factory rotors was i cleaned and then spray painted the front part of the rotor silver when i painted my calipers.

ChronicReign

Chrome bumper your face!
Established Member
Hahaha, I just realized I spelled brakes wrong. What an idiot

Edit *fixed it

Last edited:

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Looks great!!! You'll love the way they stop when bedded. I highly recommend the Russell steel braided kit as well when you have the time. It makes a big difference as well.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
Looks great!!! You'll love the way they stop when bedded. I highly recommend the Russell steel braided kit as well when you have the time. It makes a big difference as well.

Are the powerslots and hawks THAT good?
Im looking at the powerslot/hawk combo myself and would like to know, also how much of a difference do the braided lines make in everyday driving and stopping (60-0)?

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Looks good....like the Lightning logo. I have the Hawk pads and they are extremely dusty, but stop extremely well. Like Fade said, once bedded the increase in stopping ability will be alot better than stock.

ChronicReign

Chrome bumper your face!
Established Member
Thanks for the kind words. I got both the pads and rotors from Lightning Brake Performance (http://www.lightningbrakeperformance.com/BrakeRotors.html) I would highly recommend them. I recieved the pads in 2 days, but the rotors were back ordered. I had emails sent constantly keeping me updated. When the rotors didn't arrive on the day they were supposed to, I sent over an email to inquire what was up. Immediately I got one back saying he would check into it, and within hours I found out there was a problem during shipping, and it would be a couple more days. I didnt need the breaks immediately, so it wasn't a big deal. They arrived just when I was told. The point is that their customer service was great, especailly for on online company. I can't tell you how many times I have been burned online. I was very satisfied, and will be back when I end up doing the backs.

Users who are viewing this thread