New Car! 2014 Supercharged GT

tennis_pr0

Established Member
I'd leave the Rev tune in place as well. Nice ride!

I mean I'll probably just delete the rev tunes and just keep a 91 and 93 tune in there. I won't be switching back and forth between the rev and the VMP tune once it's in there. the car runs amazing now, the rev tune seems spot on. I just want to make sure everything is running conservatively so i don't have to worry. Spoke to BJ from VMP today and told him what I wanted and he answered all my questions and then some. So once I get the tuner I will be uploading the custom VMP tune. Now just need a darn radar detector. Anyone selling?

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
Since you indicated that the Rev tune is strong in your car. Why wouldn't you just contact them and ask them to do a little more conservative tune. I am confused.

tennis_pr0

Established Member
Since you indicated that the Rev tune is strong in your car. Why wouldn't you just contact them and ask them to do a little more conservative tune. I am confused.

I mean it runs fine, but I don't know how aggressive/conservative it is. I feel like VMP would dial it in perfectly since it's their hardware on my car. So for the peace of mind that I used the best tuner and the car is conservative and theres no chance of anything happening, it's worth it to me to just go with VMP. Dyno tunes are great I know, but I feel like nobody could dial it in as good as VMP as like I stated, all the hardware on my car are their products. I guess I'm under the impressin that for the type of modifications I have on my car, that a dyno tune won't ever be as safe as the tune VMP would offer. I could be completely wrong with my thinking of course

Last edited:

RIPCHVY

Established Member
I would just keep my tune from Rev Auto. Every car is different the VMP tune is for a VMP car and is a generic tune. The tune you have is a dyno tune just for your car so it should be better then the base tune VMP sales.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
I would just keep my tune from Rev Auto. Every car is different the VMP tune is for a VMP car and is a generic tune. The tune you have is a dyno tune just for your car so it should be better then the base tune VMP sales.

I would think this also but what do I know. I don't have a VMP on my car so I am just guessing.

tennis_pr0

Established Member

I hear what you're saying, but dyno tunes are hit or miss. They can be spot on, but if they're not then you could be in trouble. VMP basically only tunes mustangs, and makes the kitt hat's on my car. So I feel like they would know the parameters and calibrations more than any dyno tuner out there. Again my train of though could be very off, would be nice ot hear a few more opinions...

Vert

Established Member
This is just my experience and I'm on my 2nd SC car tuned by vmp. If I could do it over again, I would prefer a dyno tune over my email tune since my current car is still having tune issues. Yes they are working on it, but if you don't call and badger them you won't get an update nor a returned email from them.
Im not bashing them and my 13 tune from them was perfect and I beat it on hard with no issues, but my 14 is being stubborn for some reason.
With a dyno it's just one car at a time they tuning so you have all of their attention to ensure the tune is spot on.

tennis_pr0

Established Member
This is just my experience and I'm on my 2nd SC car tuned by vmp. If I could do it over again, I would prefer a dyno tune over my email tune since my current car is still having tune issues. Yes they are working on it, but if you don't call and badger them you won't get an update nor a returned email from them.
Im not bashing them and my 13 tune from them was perfect and I beat it on hard with no issues, but my 14 is being stubborn for some reason.
With a dyno it's just one car at a time they tuning so you have all of their attention to ensure the tune is spot on.

Problem I'm having is the car is randomly stalling out when coming to a stop. I think it could be bad gas as I know when the dealer had it they didn't put 93 in but I'm a little concerned with this tune and would rather start with a fresh tune.

Users who are viewing this thread