New car for the Wife

SnakeEyes03

MTC
Established Member
Hey guys,

Well its time for the mini of my wifes to be retired. I wanted to see what you all thought was a good car for her. We don't have kids, so no 4 doors yet.

Here is what I was thinking about.

Audi S5

2audis5fx6.jpg

9audis5oz3.jpg

Or

BMW Twin turbo 335i

twinturbo7wu8.jpg

twinturbo8mh9.jpg

Which one would you guys go with? The Audi is a little bit more, but come on its sweet. But, the BMW does have Twin Turbos.

Last edited:

BLK_VNM

Established Member
pictures didnt work to for me. just took me to the uploading screen for image shack.

i am partial to audi though. but i cant see you going wrong with either. only big deciding factor would be the nice suspension package on the s5

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Audi S5

2audis5xk0.jpg

9audis5rd8.jpg

BMW Twin turbo 335i

twinturbo7wu8.jpg

Which one would you guys go with? The Audi is a little bit more, but come on its sweet. But, the BMW does have Twin Turbos.

there ya go.

The Audi looks a lot meaner, but slap some true forged wheels on the BMW and it looks totally different (check iforged's gallery). I'd say go with the bimmer, you can get upgrades from Vishnu and make 400+hp.

Last edited:

SnakeEyes03

MTC
Established Member
HUH?? They are cars I'm looking at. The audi isn't out yet. I've talked to a couple dealers who said the A5 will be much cheaper. However, it won't have all the goodies.

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
hey Mike let me know if you want that Audi cuz, Karen works at an Audi dealer.

I think you should give her your Explorer and get another Cobra though. :D

Last edited:

Almo

Established Member
HUH?? They are cars I'm looking at. The audi isn't out yet. I've talked to a couple dealers who said the A5 will be much cheaper. However, it won't have all the goodies.

Mike,

I seen an S5 just the other day... I through it was an 08 S4 model until I got a read on the badge. Those things are very sweet.

Why not buy her a Volkwagon and get yourself another Cobra? :shrug:

CobraCleric

Youngblood
Established Member
My friend is a BMW mechanic in silver spring and he claims they have the best warruntee now (true bumper to bumper) + BMW had to tune down the twin turbo 3 series because it was faster than the current M3, which makes me think it could be retuned to be bad ass (which might not REALLY be what your wife wants).

This is all from a friend though, I seriously doubt she's going to be disappointed with either.

BLK_VNM

Established Member
i meant actual cars you were looking at and not the manufactors pictures. im pretty sure i saw an s5 out already as well. and well bmws you see everywhere but an s5 is pretty rare.

SnakeEyes03

MTC
Established Member
The wife is happy with the two choices as well, however with the $50k price tag on the Audi, she is not happy about. I think the A5 looks just as good as the S. We aren't sure what we are going to do, but the MINI is getting up there in miles, and the warranty ran out. And MINI being a BMW, maintenance is $$$$$$$$

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Mike, look at the whole package. They'll both be somewhat $$$$ to maintain, so if there's a killer warranty or covered preventative maintenance, that might close the deal. That's if most other things are equal.

I'd get the Audi!

Last edited:

SnakeEyes03

MTC
Established Member
I agree Greg...we shall see. It looks like the Audi. We have to wait for one to show up to test drive it.

More debt here i come :rockon:

Wiseguy

Established Member
I like Bmw, but I did drive a new S5 on Wednesday. It was impressive and had great manners. The looks are killer. The 335i is faster and rides better.

Users who are viewing this thread