New Car HELP!!!!! :cryying:

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
New Used Focus, And already having problems. Any help or someone had something similar happen to them would be greatly apprecated.

I bought the car Friday Night, and drove it home. I didn't drive hard on it. Next day I take my GF out in it. And it starts getting poppy, I didn't think anything of it. Then after a while it started losing power, sputtering, and eventually mis-firing. Now all it does is do that. If I drive it and cruise around 3500-4000 rpm it kind of smoothes out. But if I give it gas, it wants to fall on it's face. If I let the RPM drops, it starts mis-firing bad. I bought 2 new 02 sensors for it thinking that's what's causing it (maybe their getting a bad reading and riching up the fuel flow). I took it into the shop already. Im guessing the Cat up front is going bad and thats why its misfiring.

I came up with this conclusion cause, the heat shield that surrounds the cat is barley hanging on, just cause it's wedged between the cat and the trans. The bottom shield is completely gone. My guess is the cat got to hot and started killing itself. I'm kind of hoping this is the case cause I don't have the kind of money to fix anything major. Especially considering I just bought this car.

Any other ideas???

Car is a 2002 Ford SVT Focus
51,500k Miles.

p.s I went from a full tank to half a tank in less than 80 miles.

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
Shop called me back.

The dumb F*** that sold me the car, washed the engine, and water got in the tube with the spark plugs sit. So I just need new plugs. Maybe wires. Not sure yet.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
If you got the car from a dealer, it wouldn't hurt to ask them to cover their mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread