New Charger to be revealed in Detroit

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
Wow----Dodge does it again

When SVT tells us they don't want the new Shelby GT500 to have all of the "signature" Shelby details on the new car (Scoops on Quarter Panels, Side Pillars, Full-length Rear Lights)....The boys at Dodge do just the opposite and re-create with a modern twist a great new car that will sell!!!!
Ford, as usual, takes the conservative approach, to minimize potential sales......

Skywarp

Established Member
If you already have a 03, 04 to go a Shelby doesn't make much sense since both cars are built on essentially the same principle, supercharged etc. Now this is a totally different animal. Naturally aspirated Hemi with possible five or six speed auto. The GT500 won't even offer an auto option.

R1Lello

Established Member
:read:

My biggest beef with Chryco cars is the difficulty in tweaking. They make it much more difficult to modify (pcm)...........because of this, the aftermarket is much slower and tend to stay away. This was one reason I sold my '02 Dakota R/T. In my opinion, you want fast and enjoy modifying, you have to buy Ford or GM. Simple as that. Aftermarket swings towards popular vehicles such as the stang, camaro/firebird, corvette.............chryco doesn't seem to have a car that has caught on in volumes so until they do, I stay away

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
This is freaking awesome!!! I saw this on Autoweek this morning and I'm so happy Dodge has stepped up to the plate. If Chrysler can keep the cost and the weight down on this car it will be a screamer!!! 450+hp Hemi with a 6 spd manual might just be enough for me to jump ship from Ford. Rest assured that the Dodge boys will also have some aftermarket parts for the car too just like the SRT4. The good ol days are back boys, now all we need is GM to stop being a whimp and bring back the Camaro and Trans Am!!!!

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
The great part is the DC makes their production cars almost identical to the auto show prototypes. Not much watering down like GM/Ford.

The seem to go balls out with wild designs making it to production.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
03Terminator said:
This is freaking awesome!!! I saw this on Autoweek this morning and I'm so happy Dodge has stepped up to the plate. If Chrysler can keep the cost and the weight down on this car it will be a screamer!!! 450+hp Hemi with a 6 spd manual might just be enough for me to jump ship from Ford. Rest assured that the Dodge boys will also have some aftermarket parts for the car too just like the SRT4. The good ol days are back boys, now all we need is GM to stop being a whimp and bring back the Camaro and Trans Am!!!!
Either the Camaro or T/A is coming back. My money is on the Camaro. You watch, the General will have a concept before you know it. These are great days to be a motorhead for sure! :pepper: :banana: :beer:

rocknrod

Car Builder
Established Member
1993cobramustan said:
.....Ford, as usual, takes the conservative approach, to minimize potential sales......
Thats FUNNY!!!!
The larger the Corporation, the farther from reality they are.
They are talking 2009 Model year on this from what I read.
Of course "Things Change"

Last edited:

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
Skywarp said:
If you already have a 03, 04 to go a Shelby doesn't make much sense since both cars are built on essentially the same principle, supercharged etc. Now this is a totally different animal. Naturally aspirated Hemi with possible five or six speed auto. The GT500 won't even offer an auto option.

I don't agree! It's going from a 4.6 to a 5.4, different Body, full frame,bigger blower,more HP? And as for the auto option, you don't know that it won't be offered, that info has not been released.

Tim

OKC03Cobra

Established Member
crispy23c said:
Either the Camaro or T/A is coming back. My money is on the Camaro. You watch, the General will have a concept before you know it. These are great days to be a motorhead for sure! :pepper: :banana: :beer:

I am hoping for a Camaro SS with a 450hp LS7 in it.

jshen

Established Member
Challenger

Looks awesome......just like the 70's version...

Skywarp

Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:
I don't agree! It's going from a 4.6 to a 5.4, different Body, full frame,bigger blower,more HP? And as for the auto option, you don't know that it won't be offered, that info has not been released.

Tim
If DC chooses to use the 5 speed auto that is behind all V-8 Mercedes and what is currently behind the 300C, Charger, Magnum. This tranny can hold 600lbs of torque no problem. Alot better than Ford or GM offering their high end performance cars in six-speed only. And all in all if you think both cars are not similar :lol: Both are supercharged Mustangs. One has a 4.6 six speed and IRS and the other 5.4 six speed and solid axle. No factory twinscrew and more weight. Challenger is in my sight auto 450+ HP as I saw on another site. Go to most GM sites they are already saying build it and that GM has rung the bell and tapped out.

Formula51

Established Member
OKC03Cobra said:
I am hoping for a Camaro SS with a 450hp LS7 in it.

I doubt they will use the LS7, but you never know. If yall haven't heard, a Camaro Concept WILL be debuted at the Detroit Auto Show in January. It will likely be a 2009 production, but with GM's current situation, who knows.

That Challenger looks very appealing. If they keep the weight down and the power up, I think it will be the perfect modern muscle car.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
Formula51 said:
I doubt they will use the LS7, but you never know. If yall haven't heard, a Camaro Concept WILL be debuted at the Detroit Auto Show in January. It will likely be a 2009 production, but with GM's current situation, who knows.

That Challenger looks very appealing. If they keep the weight down and the power up, I think it will be the perfect modern muscle car.

I heard the same thing, but I heard it had a LS6. I also heard that it will be at the Detroit Auto show. I guess we'll see! Either way it will be interesting.

Tim

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:
I heard the same thing, but I heard it had a LS6. I also heard that it will be at the Detroit Auto show. I guess we'll see! Either way it will be interesting.

Tim
I heard the Camaro will top out @ 400 HP, in the SS trim. BUT, since Dodge's announcements, you never know! Very very interesting stuff. Can't wait until Jan!!! :banana: :beer: :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread