New Charger to be revealed in Detroit

chuckstang

Established Member
boy you gotta luv the fact that finally ford and the mustang will have some worthy competition! Ill take one of each please

gonein60

Banned
New Challenger is AWESOME.

Hey Ford SVT. You'd better keep the GT500 under 40k :cuss: , or I'm gonna buy me a Dodge Challenger. I love the Shelby GT500 :pepper: , but over 40k is ludicrous for a Mustang. The Shelby GT500 is my first pick and it better be under 40k or forget it, I'm changing brands. The original 60's and 70's muscle cars were built and designed so that the average working man can afford one. Anything over 40k is out of my league, heck even with my excellent credit 38-40k is a lot of money for the average working man. A 450HP naturally aspirated hemi for a decent price, I can't wait. Naturally aspirated means less problems and all motor.

The Dodge Challenger is the first musclecar since the Shelby GT500 that actually has me drooling. :-D

JiggaStyles09

Established Member
crispy23c said:
I heard the Camaro will top out @ 400 HP, in the SS trim. BUT, since Dodge's announcements, you never know! Very very interesting stuff. Can't wait until Jan!!! :banana: :beer: :pepper:
more than likely that will be the case as to not outperform the C6 vette but in a few years who knows what upgrades will come to the C6 as to allow chevy to give the camaro a bit more power. but i would put my money on the production version SS coming with a LS2 around 400 hp.

but i am really getting excited to see a new muscle car war between a new camaro, challenger, and the existing mustang. will the GT500 still be around when these 2 cars finally hit production (assuming they do)? if not what will ford have in its place to do battle as its top performing muscle car? what kind of power will it have? etc...etc. time will tell

:pop: :beer:

AbusiveWombat

Established Member
crispy23c said:
I heard the Camaro will top out @ 400 HP, in the SS trim. BUT, since Dodge's announcements, you never know! Very very interesting stuff. Can't wait until Jan!!! :banana: :beer: :pepper:

Given that the Charger SRT8 is around 4200 pounds, I don't think a Camaro will need more than 400 to trump the Challengers power to weight ratio. That's assuming that a redesigned Camaro doesn't gain much more weight than the previous generation.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
VERY nice! I've always loved those cars. Damn...now there's another car I just gotta have. My wife is going to kill me! (j/k) Thanks for the links!! :beer:

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Black2003Cobra said:
VERY nice! I've always loved those cars. Damn...now there's another car I just gotta have. My wife is going to kill me! (j/k) Thanks for the links!! :beer:

Yer welcome! Yeah, my wife (who is also a car nut) thinks I must have brain trauma or something--due to the fact that all that comes out of my mouth these days is "GT500...Challenger and SRTs...Camaro...GTO...Z06.. Viper ....muscle car wars..*cough,cough*..heating up..*cough,cough*.. must...buy..a..new..machine !!!" :rollseyes
Seems like every day something good is happening! :pop:
now if I could only hit the lottery... :idea:

Last edited:

venams03

Established Member
Wow. That thing is freakin' awesome. I started out with Mopars and then migrated to FORDs: my first car was a mint 69 Dodge R/T Charger; hemi orange with a black hood. Biggest mistake is selling that car!!!!

This is the strongest argument to come out as to why I may not be buying FORDs anymore.

FORD brass better listen up; Makes it easier for me to switch to another brand if the dealers/Ford play the markup games and offer a decontented GT-500. Now more than ever, they better get it right IMHO...

Jpjr

Established Member
IMHO, the other Big 2 are really blowing it with these designs. The new Mustang is selling because all the retro lovers are snapping them up. But retro is a style, not an innovation. It WILL go out of style, and my guess is that people who love retro have already bought or will buy a Mustang. Let Ford have this victory and don't saturate the market with these ugly cars ;)

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Jpjr said:
IMHO, the other Big 2 are really blowing it with these designs. The new Mustang is selling because all the retro lovers are snapping them up. But retro is a style, not an innovation. It WILL go out of style, and my guess is that people who love retro have already bought or will buy a Mustang. Let Ford have this victory and don't saturate the market with these ugly cars ;)

I think DC was the first with the retro, not Ford. PT Cruiser, Prowler, and even the viper was kinda a "new" retro design. Ford was first to basically carbon copy an old model and update it.

And judging by market share growth/decline, Ford hasn't won anything. They are not all that far behind GM in terms of company health

chuckstang

Established Member
Jpjr said:
dude your mustang along with nearly every other one built after the great 60's mustangs are all retro sooo please.

Joes66Pony

Dump the SRA
Established Member
Man...if DaimlerChrysler can come out with a Hemi powered SRT Challenger with IRS for under 40k...well..it would definitely make it awkward pulling into work at my dealership in it. :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread