New clutch in 04 Cobra?

2004svtcobra

Established Member
Is it true a different clutch mechanism will be installed in the 2004 Cobra's? Just curious. I heard this was why the original JOB1 date of Sept29 was moved back to Nov3. Last minute changes. Thanks.

DSG03Snake

Established Member
I sort of doubt it, the 'updated' clutch in the 'newer' 03's is pretty nice. Not sure why they would change it, but hey, if its true its good because then when my clutch goes out I can blame it on a the clutch and get a new one :)

FKing1

Established Member
Clutch

Yes, it is true the reason no 04's have been built is because of a clutch problem. Exactly what ,I don't know. It has been corrected and production will begin Nov.17. Have this from a very reliable plant source.
Fred K.

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
Where did you hear about this? and FKing where did you get a answer? I knew nothing about it. You think it maybe worth upgrading.

2004svtcobra

Established Member
I heard this from the trustworth folks both at an SVTOA event as well on the telephone with them. If I called them today I would get a different answer. Just thought I would pass this on to see what others have heard.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
I dont know how they could make the existing clutch any better besides the Throw out bearing issue. Mine has 10,000 miles of pure hell of flogging and over 100 track passes.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Don't think for one minute that if an improved clutch goes into the '04 Cobra that Ford will retrofit your '03 with it. They'll tell you to go buy an '04 Cobra if you want the improvements on that model year car. Otherwise, I'd bring in my '53 Ford flathead V8 and get an Eaton installed...

2004svtcobra

Established Member
I agree with Harry. The new clutch for the '04 probably isn't true anyways. Job 1 starts on Monday by the way. It has been a long three month wait for me. Probably will have to wait another month before I get the car though. Hey harry, the eaton woukd be nice to have in that beauty.

saadcobra

Be away from me
Established Member
Every one know the first model there will be problems in most cars ( not only Ford ) not all of them, so they must fix the defect where it is in 1st model for 2nd model, so the 2nd model will not be any problems.
I hope they fix it…………..

Users who are viewing this thread