New clutch time. 26 spline for a 600rwhp DD?

Volatile

Destroyer of Alternators
Established Member
I've had my car Whippled for about a month now, and my clutch slipping issues are getting kind of out of hand on the 3-4 shift.

I'm looking at a Mcleod twin-disk currently from lethal, and I've done a lot of reading on here about the 26 spline input shaft swap. The car will the see the track maybe a handful of times this summer, as my work schedule turns into hell during the summer months and track times are few and far between.

Is it really worth spending the extra money on a 26 spline setup for someone in my situation?

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
It was for me at 500 to the wheels and occassional track trips. One less thing to worry about.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I upgraded to the 26 spline just for longevity and track future...
I have been to the track several times and the 10 spline held up just fine, so it could have gone either way for me...I guess I just wanted something more bullitproof

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Definitely.

broken10splinegq4.jpg

Amazing that people still consider not doing this upgrade! The installation really isn't too bad, there is a great thread in the how-to section that covers everything you need to know!

Volatile

Destroyer of Alternators
Established Member
That settles it. My stocker finally bit the bullet tonight. Ordering up a Mcleod RST twin disk and the 26 spline setup. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. 15k+ pullied, ~1000 Whippled.

Users who are viewing this thread