New Cobra on the streets of ATL!

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
Welcome!

I work in Duluth and live in Dacula and drive the Mach every day. :beer:

So as an update, I picked up a bone stock '03 Redfire Coupe over the holidays, so that is replacing the Mach. The BAD news is that on the ride home from buying it (from a private seller), I noticed a sound from the rear end that's either diff bearings or wheel bearings. :fm::bash::cuss::mj: It's at Kurgan's right now to be looked at next week.

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
So as an update, I picked up a bone stock '03 Redfire Coupe over the holidays, so that is replacing the Mach. The BAD news is that on the ride home from buying it (from a private seller), I noticed a sound from the rear end that's either diff bearings or wheel bearings. :fm::bash::cuss::mj: It's at Kurgan's right now to be looked at next week.

How many miles on it when you bought it ?
Plus if your ever going to pump up the power, right now may be the time to upgrade the axels and bearings.

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
How many miles on it when you bought it ?
Plus if your ever going to pump up the power, right now may be the time to upgrade the axels and bearings.

Only 35k and from all other indications it hasn't been beat on, so I'm really puzzled. No indication that the pumpkin was leaking but maybe it was low on fluid for a while and it finally burned up the bearings.

No plans to pump up the power, it's going to be a daily driver. However if the ring and pinion have to be replaced I'll have them throw in a 3.73.

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
Only 35k and from all other indications it hasn't been beat on, so I'm really puzzled. No indication that the pumpkin was leaking but maybe it was low on fluid for a while and it finally burned up the bearings.

No plans to pump up the power, it's going to be a daily driver. However if the ring and pinion have to be replaced I'll have them throw in a 3.73.

Yeah seems to be low mileage and could have just worn out a bearing or something.
3.73 will kill that gas mileage if you do alot of hwy miles but will help the get up and go from a start.

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
Welcome from canton!! Kurgan tuned my car as well and did a good job! Barrett parkway is usually a pretty good hang out. That's where we usually go..

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
Yeah seems to be low mileage and could have just worn out a bearing or something.
3.73 will kill that gas mileage if you do alot of hwy miles but will help the get up and go from a start.

I wouldn't say it will kill gas mileage, at highway speed, the difference in rpms for 3.55 vs 3.73 will be very small.

What has killed gas mileage for me in the two days I drove it was wanting to hear that blower whine. :rockon::burnout::banana:

PhoenixGT09: sorry for the thread hijack. :beer:

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
I wouldn't say it will kill gas mileage, at highway speed, the difference in rpms for 3.55 vs 3.73 will be very small.

What has killed gas mileage for me in the two days I drove it was wanting to hear that blower whine. :rockon::burnout::banana:

Don't fear the gear!! I had 4.10's in my Mach and LOVED them!! Gas mileage difference wasn't even noticeable really..

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member

I thought it was about 500 rpms diffirence higher. Last I remember with
3.55's at 70 mph's I was at 1900/2000 rpm's and with 3.73's it was about 2400/2500 rpm's and it just seemed to drink more as most of my driving was on hwy.

PhoenixGT09

"I Like the Tuna Here."
Established Member
At least I know what gear ratio to go with now haha! Hmmm I'll definitely have to call Amazon as well now and talk to them. So Barrett Pkwy is a pretty good car scene on the weekends? I'll also have to check that out! Yeah, if there's ever any gatherings with the Cobras if other cars in general, I'm down!

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
At least I know what gear ratio to go with now haha! Hmmm I'll definitely have to call Amazon as well now and talk to them. So Barrett Pkwy is a pretty good car scene on the weekends? I'll also have to check that out! Yeah, if there's ever any gatherings with the Cobras if other cars in general, I'm down!

Ya during the summer it can get crazy but there's still a decent amount weather depending. Usually at hh Greg parking lot.

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member

Just to finish out my little saga, picked up the car tonight well after closing time at Kurgan Motorsports (thanks again Bob) and it's great. All new bearings in the rear end, 3.73s, new subframe bushings and a nice little tune.

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
Just to finish out my little saga, picked up the car tonight well after closing time at Kurgan Motorsports (thanks again Bob) and it's great. All new bearings in the rear end, 3.73s, new subframe bushings and a nice little tune.

Now just enjoy it :)

Users who are viewing this thread