New Complete Painted OEM GT500 Brake Sets Available?

mwilson6192

Established Member
Does anyone know if there is a vendor that sells new, OEM complete GT500 painted caliper kits? I don't want a Wilwood or other kit, just a painted/powder coated "bolt-on" replacement caliper kit (complete with pistons) in red (front and rear - with the "brembo" logo on the front calipers).

I want to keep my current (stock) calipers complete, and "swap" them out for a complete OEM replacement kit (albeit painted/powder coated red).

Thanks for any help!

Snoopy49

Established Member
Wasn't there a member here named Brian that powder coated calipers. I don't remember his user name.

mwilson6192

Established Member
Yes, it was Brian Pancoast of Powerhouse Powdercoating. The issue is that I have to take the original calipers and completely disassemble them and then send them off to Powerhouse. Or, a similar event where he returns another / different caliper core.

I want something different whereby I keep my current factory OEM calipers, store them, and buy brand new OEM calipers that have been powder coated (or painted with appropriate heat paint, etc.) to my color and have them complete as a unit, such that the only thing needed is to apply new brake pads and bleed the brakes (e.g. the pistons and such are completely assembled by an experienced, competent person).

I am not finding this as an option.

Thanks for your help / suggestions - I appreciate it.

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
do NOT send anything to the powder house even if they are still in business. I had a timing cover and valve covers hydro dipped and painted mystichrome by them it took me 7 months to finally get them. Then when I finally did get them half of it wasn't clear coated. They lied to me through out the whole ordeal and I will never deal with them again. I know a lot of other forum members had a lot of the same issues with them there was a thread on it.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Calipers new from Ford are expensive but not crazy for Brembos, best to buy new and send out for coating.
Sadly I've heard the difficulties with Pancoast, but there are many legit powder coaters out there, just wish we had someone on the board with a good experience, I too am hesitant on just anyone doing calipers correctly (disassembly/reassembly).
-J

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I haven't read any of the negative reviews on Brian, I know @ one time he told me that he has stock calipers on hand that he can powder coat and send out then you just send back your stockers when you receive the powder coated set. I was going to go this route when the time came since my car is my DD and can't be down for an extended period of time.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I wish I hadn't read the negatives where he wasn't returning any guys parts or messages for months.
Seems common when a regular guy is very talented and doesn't have the support/help to handle a volume explosion.
Now, that was probably close to a year ago, maybe things have turned around because he did killer work at fair prices and would be someone I trust with my calipers.
-J

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
I remember reading some where about people getting replacement calipers from a part store for very cheap. They were bare, so that would be even better for getting coated

I know Brian sold his business and moved from CA to somewhere in the midwest

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I wish I hadn't read the negatives where he wasn't returning any guys parts or messages for months.
Seems common when a regular guy is very talented and doesn't have the support/help to handle a volume explosion.
Now, that was probably close to a year ago, maybe things have turned around because he did killer work at fair prices and would be someone I trust with my calipers.
-J

wow.. sucks to read this about Brian. He did my calipers with a new seal kit and the work was mint, no issues whats so ever

Users who are viewing this thread