New daily driver. Again.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Word.

This Is300 is shit tastic in the snow, and I'm selling the jeep so I want something else

I'm in need of something that is worth a damn in the snow, cuz the 5.0 doesn't move if there's anything on the ground and I can't afford to miss work at all for a while. So if it snows, I have to bum my dads truck lol. Tempted to buy a 2011+ WRX, while I could afford it, I think I'd rather wait and buy something a little cheaper right now.

Kiohtee

Established Member
You two just need to snag some cheap ole Foresters or Outbacks. That's what I was gonna do, but then I got stupid. Lol

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
You two just need to snag some cheap ole Foresters or Outbacks. That's what I was gonna do, but then I got stupid. Lol

A Subaru comes with the " I live in Colorado" Starter package lol.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Wow, I'm totally surprised by the love here! :rockon:

Is it weird that I truly like the exhaust note from this thing? :shrug:

Gravik

Established Member

Its one of the better sounding 4 cylinders.

Mine had stock exhaust. I liked it, wasnt loud enough. Put on a catless downpipe since my stock catted one was clogged. Made it louder but didnt sound as good. Sold the car and my buddy that bought it got a full 3" catless exhaust. Car was so loud it would wake the dead lol.

Oh and to increase the fun factor I suggest an E85 tune if you have E85 accessible. Friend of mine that had the car before me ran like a 14.0 at 98 bone stock. E85, injectors, map sensor, ran 13's at 108-109.

Last edited:

callmedoc

Boosted Meth Addict
Established Member
Surprised you found such a clean example. So many of those cars are beat to car*p.

Best of luck with her....

Sn95Snake

Established Member

I considered one as a daily for a while due to it being one of the only 4 cylinders with a decent exhaust note.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
those used to be everywhere around here and then *poof* they were all gone. i was actually surprised to see one the other day lol

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
those used to be everywhere around here and then *poof* they were all gone. i was actually surprised to see one the other day lol

Same here. I remember seeing them all over when they came out, but only know of two in recent memory. I suspect a lot of them blew up and got junked when the owners couldn't afford the payment and a new engine. Years back when I lived in Colorado Springs, there used to be a wrecked yellow one on the way into Peterson AFB with a sign saying not to drink and drive. It had been rolled a few times, surprising if the driver survived given the damage.

Blackoyote

Established Member
Hell yeah, I've always loved those things...looks pretty clean too. I remember trying to convince my mom back in high school to get a ACR SRT4 over the 40th Anniversary GT she was buying lol.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Thanks fellas! Being so clean really says a lot about the previous two owners, and I know it won't become a pile of shit in my hands either. And now that some of you mention it, these things have seemingly disappeared into thin air. :shrug:

I think I've settled on mods too. Planning to pick up the Stage 2 Package from AGP which includes: wastegate actuator, 3" CAI, solid engine and transmission mounts, lower and upper hard pipe kit with SSQ flange (with HKS SSQ BOV) and block off plate for the stock BOV, and a front mount intercooler. According to AGP; "Expect a safe 40-50whp increase."

Will also be picking up a DiabloSport as previously mentioned and looking for 16psi. :burnout:

Last edited:

MTBSully

Established Member
Love these cars. Whats the highway MPG? Id love one but as a daily wouldnt want to sacrifice a ton of gas mileage

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Besides the cheap plastic interior, it makes for a kickass DD! It even has things my 2010 Honda Civic didn't. :lol:

If it makes you feel better, my Viper looks the same way; and it was a few more grand than your Neon.

Good looking DD, it'll be fun!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
dodge totally ****ed up with the caliber :bash:

i remember being at sema and excited to see what the srt4 replacement was and then saw the caliber srt4 and was like :dw::xpl::nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread