New Dyno Jet Numbers from today at the Metco Car show

deec73

Established Member
Pro Dyno was in town today with their mobile dyno, doing a dyno day at the Metco Car show and I was itching to see how my car would make out on that dyno, and even though I expected a tad higher, im still happy with the results.

The car made 536/551 STD, and 525/540 SAE without it being entirely cooled down and the I/C box fully iced. I expected in the 535-540 range, considering other cars have made that on this dyno, but hey, im happy. It wasnt that hot today, maybe 82 deg, but it was very humid, in the 90's...

In case anyone wonders, and even though my mods are in my sig, someone will ask whats the mods, so here they are lol...

Mods are:

Stiegemeier Stage 4 Ported Eaton
Stock Ported Throttle body and Plenum
2.93 upper 4lb lower making 16.2lbs of boost
Metco CAI
Mac L/T Headers with a O/R X pipe and Stingers
Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch
Stock injectors with a BAP
Tuned by RICK of AMAZON (awesome tune, spot on) :beer:
Built SRA w/Tru-Trac Detroit Locker/3.73's

STD
DynoRun5-22-10b.bmp

SAE

DynoRun5-22-10.bmp

29978_1484736841216_1317747441_1297185_1179305_n.jpg

29978_1484736601210_1317747441_1297180_8081503_n.jpg

29978_1484736721213_1317747441_1297183_875014_n.jpg

Last edited:

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
thats great #'s for ur pulley set up, a 2.76 will get u ur hp goal !!!

did rick get ur tune right on the 1st try ?

i was looking into one of his tunes

echo412

Established Member
Great numbers. I need to throw in a lower ring on my car. Could use some more tq.

stangaholic280

Established Member
Hmmm, are those dynojet numbers usually run a little high? I'm just a tad confused because with my setup I'm running more boost than you (2.76 upper) but pretty much everything else is the same and Manny at HPP only squeezed 502/522 out of her with 22* of timing and 11.8 A/F.

I wasn't super happy with those numbers cause I was expecting more like yours but maybe his dyno just runs kinda low numbers.

deec73

Established Member
thats great #'s for ur pulley set up, a 2.76 will get u ur hp goal !!!

did rick get ur tune right on the 1st try ?

i was looking into one of his tunes

Rick is a great tuner. I couldnt be more happy with the way my car feels and the numbers its made. I just need to get some track times to support the power numbers.

Rick will work with you until you are satisfied, thats all I can say. The internet is a great place to advertise and help people, but its also a terrible place because things get misconstrued and blew out of proportion and people get bad reputations for no reason. Give Rick your business, you wont be disappointed.

deec73

Established Member
Hmmm, are those dynojet numbers usually run a little high? I'm just a tad confused because with my setup I'm running more boost than you (2.76 upper) but pretty much everything else is the same and Manny at HPP only squeezed 502/522 out of her with 22* of timing and 11.8 A/F.

I wasn't super happy with those numbers cause I was expecting more like yours but maybe his dyno just runs kinda low numbers.

Not all cars are equal, as we all know. Mod for mod dont always mean apples to apples. Different tuners, different dynos, different pulley setups, and mainly different cars.

Pro Dyno's Dyno in the past, like a couple years ago, was kinda known for putting out high numbers, but that hasnt been the case over the last year or so, as far as I know. I do know a month ago, my car put down 507/520 on a Mustang Dyno, that upper only cars made 440 on, which is about right.

There were other cars there today, one with a Race port, and a 2.8/4lb combo that made 517/509 i believe. My car is strong and it has a great tune in it.

stangaholic280

Established Member
Not all cars are equal, as we all know. Mod for mod dont always mean apples to apples. Different tuners, different dynos, different pulley setups, and mainly different cars.

Pro Dyno's Dyno in the past, like a couple years ago, was kinda known for putting out high numbers, but that hasnt been the case over the last year or so, as far as I know. I do know a month ago, my car put down 507/520 on a Mustang Dyno, that upper only cars made 440 on, which is about right.

There were other cars there today, one with a Race port, and a 2.8/4lb combo that made 517/509 i believe. My car is strong and it has a great tune in it.

Guess there are a million factors that go into it. I keep telling myself I shouldn't worry about it but it's hard not to get all worked up over those numbers lol. My car is still a beast and I'm sure It'd hang with other cars that have similar setups but got bigger numbers on the dyno. :rockon:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Huge numbers for the minimal Mods, I'd be looking into some 60lb injectors though, the 39's duty cycle have to be close to maxed out?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Nice numbers, but I wouldn't be happy about that A/F. Way too lean until 4500 RPM's and looks like a rollercoaster after that.

No way would I drive it like that.

Car looks great though.

Last edited:

mustangtw

Established Member
I decided to throw my car on the dyno as well to get an idea where I was at on my own personal street tune I have been working on. This is my first time ever tuning a car, so I'm still in the learning process.

DSCF0272-2.jpg

I think it did pretty good given the weather conditions, 92Deg and no icing lol. Next thing to figure out is how to bring the torque up some. If you compare mine to Dee's he is running a bit leaner on the bottom end than me. Maybe I need to lean out my low end some to bring the torque up? Or maybe I need to adjust the timing curve some? He is also running long tubes and I am not, so not sure how much that effects anything. Anyways I had a great time out there yesterday and it was nice meeting you Dee. We will have to get together one night for TnT and line em up at the track :rockon:

deec73

Established Member
Nice numbers, but I wouldn't be happy about that A/F. Way too lean until 4500 RPM's and looks like a rollercoaster after that.

No way would I drive it like that.

Car looks great though.

Definately not a roller coastr lol. And its lean like that down low on purpose, to build torque. The way the graph looks makes it look like that, instead of like the above graph posted. I have the actual graph from the dyno run and my line looks just as straight as the one above posted.

deec73

Established Member
Anyways I had a great time out there yesterday and it was nice meeting you Dee. We will have to get together one night for TnT and line em up at the track :rockon:

Posi port vs Stieg Stage 4 port :)

Im all for it, when you wanna do it?

Users who are viewing this thread