New Dyno nubers after 2.8 pulley and tune!!

USMC-2-USN

Established Member
Just got back from T&J performance in alpharetta GA. Has a RR 2.80 pulley, 100mm METCO idler, gates 740 belt, accufab TB/plenum, and maximum motorsports full length subframe connectors installed

I am really happy with the numbers...449 SAE RWHP and 459 lbs torque with the shop temperature at 93 degrees!! Had a fairly conservative tune and got the WOT boost bypass put into the programming...no more hesitation between shifts! Damn what a difference between stock and pullied...got some of the "pucker effect" while leaving the parking lot!!

For anyone interested in TB results there was a guy there with exacy same mods as me but no TB...he dynoed 8HP and 15 lbs torque less than me. Throttle sensitivity is increased with the TB, but cruise control is a bit flakey. (i bought the TB for 300 this morning...not worth the 600 IMO)

MM subframes make a world of difference int he curves...feels like a brand new car! I think i might get the H&R springs next.

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
you should see better numbers in cooler weather...460-470rwhp & 480-495 TQ are the norm for 2.8 pulley cars that i have seen....great numbers regardless

wjfawb0

Established Member
Feels good doesn't it?

I dynoed my car on the exact same dyno yesterday right after his and made 454rwhp and 454 rwtq. Our power mods are exactly the same except for the exhaust. He has stock H and stingers, and I have Dr. Gas X and Magnaflows. I feel that the mufflers on the magnaflows killed some HP that the stingers give. Most likely because the stingers are straight through and the magnaflows have the bend and chamber.

:thumbsup:

-Jason

fstagg

Established Member
I was at 404/393 with diablo performance tune. Went to 2.81 pulley and magnaflow catback. Diablo pulley tune A/F was 16, added fuel across the board. went to 14.
Got a tune from James at RWTD, got down in the A/F 12 to 13, added 15%richer got to slightly below and around 12. but I was only making 433rwhp and 466rwtq. Now it was 95 outside, and 90% humidity, but I was sort of hoping for more HP gain than 29.

wjfawb0

Established Member
Originally posted by fstagg
I was at 404/393 with diablo performance tune. Went to 2.81 pulley and magnaflow catback. Diablo pulley tune A/F was 16, added fuel across the board. went to 14.
Got a tune from James at RWTD, got down in the A/F 12 to 13, added 15%richer got to slightly below and around 12. but I was only making 433rwhp and 466rwtq. Now it was 95 outside, and 90% humidity, but I was sort of hoping for more HP gain than 29.

Hot air and humidity kills power on blower cars. Especially with the heat our blowers make. I am considering a small shot of nitrous or a water/methyl injection kit to get back the power loss on hot days at the track. I am keeping an eye on a few different people's cars right now who are getting ready to tune with the water/methyl injection kits.

-Jason

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Let me know about that meth injector kit when you hear about it. I've thought about it a few times, but wasn't sure. Maybe like a 30 shot of Nitrous to pick up a little bit.. I dunno.. Maybe I sould just wait to race on cooler days..

Users who are viewing this thread