New Edge vs Mach 1

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member
So first off let me just preface this by saying it was a hell of a race and unexpected outcome since i'm at 8:5 compression and N/A right now.

So I was cruising around Phoenix with my girl when I saw a Mineral Grey GT that was modded. Modded car's always catch my eye. Went about my way and didn't think anything of it. Made a turn onto another street and noticed a set of Halo style headlights coming up fast behind me. Normally I don't give anyone the time of day since my car is slower then shit and doesn't really come alive till 4k RPMs. I come to a light and he lines up with me. He doesn't look at me so I think he doesn't care to race. Or so I thought....

Light turns green and he nails it. He was already a good 2 cars ahead before I even left the light. I then laugh and go I think he wants to play babe. My GF then sits on her hands, she was taught this since she had a habit of grabbing my arm whenever I went WOT on my old car lol. I pull up next to him and start honking.

1,2,3 I nail it. I hear his exhaust over mine. I hit second gear and let my RPMS hit 7k, shift into 3rd and hit 100. I shut it down with me ahead by a car and a half.

He pulls up next to me and I yell good run. He yells I missed a gear! I then yelled take your loss, don't make excuses lol
All in all it was a good run.

jblood37

Established Member
If that is your gf in your avatar and you taught her to sit on her hands during a pull, then kudos to you my friend.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
LOL take the loss? Poor sportsmanship from you honestly. Sure winning is winning, but if I race someone and they miss a gear then we'll do it again. I'd rather lose a clean race, then win a race where someone makes a mistake and forever has an excuse.

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
LOL take the loss? Poor sportsmanship from you honestly. Sure winning is winning, but if I race someone and they miss a gear then we'll do it again. I'd rather lose a clean race, then win a race where someone makes a mistake and forever has an excuse.

This! Win or lose I want the best from my opponent!!! Anyway congrats on killing a 2V with a 4V...

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
If he missed that's his fault. I remember when I first got my Cobra, first manual car, I used to miss shifts when racing a buddies Mach 1 and would loose 4/5 races lol. Also, not sure why you were scared of the GT, most likely just bolt on, and a stock mach could make work of one.

Awesome man! I'm out in phoenix as well! That sounds like a good run, I love running people down like that!

I believe I've seen you at the Pavilions, nice car!

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member
BEST part of the kill lol. Good shit OP.

Thanks man

If that is your gf in your avatar and you taught her to sit on her hands during a pull, then kudos to you my friend.

Ya it's all fun and games untill you go to shift and she grabs your arm and you hit the rev limiter lol

Good kill, better girlfriend

Ya she is pretty cool lol

my god.

dat avatar.

wait there was a story about racing here?

Gotta change that avatar, distracts to many people lol

Awesome man! I'm out in phoenix as well! That sounds like a good run, I love running people down like that!

Once I'm done with my Eaton swap I want a piece of that GT!

I'm not to sure about you but when I miss a gear the other car isnt ahead by a car and a half its basically game over

This! Win or lose I want the best from my opponent!!! Anyway congrats on killing a 2V with a 4V...

I see reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. I'm at 8:5 compression and N/A aka my car is a dog

If he missed that's his fault. I remember when I first got my Cobra, first manual car, I used to miss shifts when racing a buddies Mach 1 and would loose 4/5 races lol. Also, not sure why you were scared of the GT, most likely just bolt on, and a stock mach could make work of one.

QUOTE]

Once again, low compression N/A mach 1. I made 281 to the wheels with full exhaust and a short runner intake lol I'm not making mach 1 power with this built block.

For real if he missed a gear i would go at it again.

If he really missed a gear he wouldn't of been that close to me

scarlett98

Established Member
How do you know he wasnt on spray? Lol sounds to me like it was close to call so you got scared and toom the default win haha

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
I read that you had low compression in the original OP, I'm still standing by my comment. A bolt on GT makes about 245-260 if that. Pretty close, but with a 4v top end I don't see why you were scared unless you noticed it had cams.

Anyways, good kill.

Users who are viewing this thread