New exhaust setup

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
are the m55's louder then slp 1's?

currently i am running bbk lt's, o/r x pipe, slp 1's, and dumps before the axle. so im curious if its worth swapping if i can get my hands on some...

They are about the same. I think the m55's may be just slightly quieter. Not by much though.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
i cannot understand how you guys drive such LOUD cars....i thought my setup was loud as shit with mac lt's o/r h pipe and bassani catback but you guys step it up

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
are the m55's louder then slp 1's?

currently i am running bbk lt's, o/r x pipe, slp 1's, and dumps before the axle. so im curious if its worth swapping if i can get my hands on some...

M55s and LM1s are close in noise, but IMO the M55s have more tone and better sound.

FWIW...Still can't believe people are using MAC LTs with their 4v engines, especially after the way they treated their LT customers a few years ago with their welding slag issues.

Hopefully you guys inspected the inside of your LTs prior to installation (if they were new headers anyways)....

YMMV

MAC has since improved there quality from a few years ago when the welding slag was getting sucked bag through the EGR and killing engines. They are one of the best bang for the buck headers.

2001SVTsnake

Established Member
i cannot understand how you guys drive such LOUD cars....i thought my setup was loud as shit with mac lt's o/r h pipe and bassani catback but you guys step it up

haha, gives me a tingly feeling when i see people covering there ears with there windows closed:beer:

my plate says HEAR ME, so i always get people asking me why it says that...i just say you will see

Last edited:

99COBRADROPTOP

Established Member
haha, gives me a tingly feeling when i see people covering there ears with there windows closed:beer:

my plate says HEAR ME, so i always get people asking me why it says that...i just say you will see

I hear that :beer: I've had a few friends tell me it made their ears ring, and i nailed it past a group of people on the side of the road yesterday, every single one of them had their fingers in their ears. It sounds like a beast

Users who are viewing this thread