New exhaust

montanagrog

Established Member
Well the stock exhaust finally bit the dust. The kid and I installed BBK shorties, BBK off-road h-pipe, and the Flowmaster Force 2 catback. Headed up to Great Falls for a car show this weekend, 350 miles round trip, so get to see how the 'drone' is. Hopefully not noticeable, as the Cobra is the hiway car, and gotta hear the tunes! It is not as loud as the son's with Summit mufflers (bought it that way), or the daughter's with ultra-flows. Nice rumble to it at idle, and gets attention at w/o throttle. Polished S.S. tails look good too. :rockon:

MAXX RS4

Established Member
I didn't think the drone was bad with my flows.. Then after a few thousand miles I can't take it on the highway without cracking the windows open to relieve some of the sound pressure inside. Cruising at 70-75 it feels like my head is presurized and like my teeth are going to fall out. Donno why it's like that now..?

crazycarlo

Established Member
Dude that is one heck of a mustang family. You have got to taje a pic with u guys beside ur car or somethiung man. Thats just awesome.

montanagrog

Established Member
Thanks guys. Yes we have fun! I had a picture on here about 2 years ago of 3 cars. But now I'll have to update with the wife's 87. She's reading over my shoulder and laughing at me. Can't get her to chime in as the daughter did one day.

I'll take another pic next week maybe. I need to get them all cleaned up after the winter. Gotta find one of those bikini washes!!

97cobraheaven

Established Member
maybe it is just me, but my exhaust never gets on my nerves. with dumps, i love it, the only thing i dont like is open headers, after a day and a half!

montanagrog

Established Member
Well made the trip and the Flows are working as expected. Nice rumble at cruizing, semi-quiet around town. It does bark when the loud pedal is stood on. I can hold a conversation and hear the sterio without having to blow the speakers up. I know this isn't you young guy's system but for all day cruising down the hiway it seems to be what I wanted. Son says it's not load enough,(calls them =pu$$y pipes), so we'll hang 40s on his this weekend and compare.

JasonSnake

Established Member
They'll brake in. Some say that's not possible because there is no fiberglass inside, but I believe the build up of carbon inside make them louder over time.

audioqueso

Established Member
I can't agree with the majority here. The drone bugs the hell out of me. Around. I bought my Cobra with flowmasters and a single pair of cats on them and drove 3-4 hours back, and at 2000rpms I hate it. At 3000rpms it's not too bad, but 2000rpm sucks for me. I will be changing the catback system probably around September-October time frame.

Users who are viewing this thread