New F1C Cog set up...

mofobucs is a thief

wanna race?
Established Member
now I'm looking like this
IMG_1864.jpg

ctgreddy

Established Member
25 psi I'd expect a lot more than that, did something go wrong with the engine?

mofobucs is a thief

wanna race?
Established Member
8.5 compression and prochargers don't like one another. That dyno reads a little low, it really was in the 730-745 range..
I ended up spinning a baring..

To think the 1st stock motor I had in there lasted 10 years on a ported blower and spray and boy did i beat the shit out of it. This low millage stock short block i picked up lasted 4 months..

New short block is on its way, i'm doing it right this time. Does anyone know where to get a true short runner intake? If i had one on the stock motor the car would of picked up 60-80 wheel..

ctgreddy

Established Member
8.5 compression and prochargers don't like one another. That dyno reads a little low, it really was in the 730-745 range..
I ended up spinning a baring..

To think the 1st stock motor I had in there lasted 10 years on a ported blower and spray and boy did i beat the shit out of it. This low millage stock short block i picked up lasted 4 months..

New short block is on its way, i'm doing it right this time. Does anyone know where to get a true short runner intake? If i had one on the stock motor the car would of picked up 60-80 wheel..

That sucks man. I've watched lots of video's of your car and it's always ran like a raped ape. I'm sure you'll get it set up right. What kind of engine setup are you putting in there now?

mofobucs is a thief

wanna race?
Established Member
That sucks man. I've watched lots of video's of your car and it's always ran like a raped ape. I'm sure you'll get it set up right. What kind of engine setup are you putting in there now?

stroker, with more compression... will be shipped out tomorrow

I did have good luck with that old set up, i've been posting up all the old vids of the beast on my facebook page..
https://www.facebook.com/MofobucsProductions?ref=hl

Blackedout

Established Member
OUCH... Did you run a filter on the blower ??? what were you seeing for IAT temps ???

Blackedout

Established Member
IMO that filter is choking the blower... Best of luck to you getting the car back up and running...

nastynotch483

Established Member
Love the set up man F1a/F1c Done right on these cars take time and the old Green stuff! Buf these Blower are killer and really do shine 24 pounds plus! We are in the Middle of my 03 F1 cog set up and its been fun and we have done many that have made great power and turn a awesome time at the track! The tuning can be little tricky and takes some time but you can not beat these blower no heat soak! they make power and can make back to back hits at the track! Please keep us updated love to hear how it turns out!

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
damn bro sorry about the motor and good luck with the new motor. mofo, even in the 740 range, 25lbs with e85 I thought you would make much more. My 2.9 whipple at 22lbs makes 710rwhp with vp100. My car also has a very soft motor. I am down 20 hp 20 tq from every cobra that my shop does. we think the cam timing is off from the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread