New F1C Cog set up...

stangfreak

Established Member
Bro that car with a properly setup kit, will outrun twin screws. When people start leaving it water to air, stock lower intake manifold with that procharger upper, it just doesn't work. Makes cool peak hp though. You were around when these kits came out and everyone took them off. Put up some race vids when yu get done. Nicely done

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Your setup does sound really nice. I remember back in 2004 when a couple of guys here experimented with a ProCharger. After much headache they gave up and and went with other power adder options. Today, we're seeing more folks going the F1A route with great success. You're certainly on that list. I could never get tired of that whine.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
The real issue with the original prochargers was the "hat" they used on the factory lower intake. It left basically zero runner and made the power curve very very peaky. The cars made great peak numbers but ran horrid times because of the power band. Using a Cobra/Mach intake makes the power much more usable.

vadorsnake04

Established Member
Love the sound, but not sure I would like the mostly peak power band.

This is so untrue with any centri blowers, can't stand it when people say this. They are not peak power setup correctly. In the 9 years i owned my terminator it had two different kenne bells, twin turbo's, and procharger. The kenne bell power was so low it was a burn out machine, i made 802rwhp with that setup. The twin turbo made mostly higher rpm power, and the procharger is a happy medium setup correctly.

vadorsnake04

Established Member
what were the specs on your motor?

sleeved 305ci teksid
9.5:1 arias pistons w/ big valve reliefs for custom cams
oliver billet I-rods
Arp 2000 rod bolts, main bolts, headstuds
Arp cam bolts
factory cobra crank
dowell pin mod
cloyes billet adj. cam gears " secondary chains
3 walbro 342 pumps
id1000 injectors
Custom grind comp cams degreed to 105/125(this was to move the torque curve lower in the RPM band)
Procharger f1a 8-rib setup
01 cobra intake with billet 1" spacer, stock 01 cobra throttle body(custom big spacer to lower the torque curve again)
running E85
I had the low boost pulley on the car for the dyno run and planned to have a mild tune with it at 20psi or so at 7k rpm but unexpectedly ran out of fuel early. I had a pulley and belt in the trunk to run 26-28psi and we think it would have been north of 1200rwhp had i had a bigger fuel pump on the car. I sold the car off and never found out. here is the dyno sheet:
IMG_9344_zps253cc986.jpg

video of it idling.
http://youtu.be/H5YKBNPjzNc

Out of all the high horsepower setups i did, this one was the most fun, it was the easiest most predictable 850hp car ive ever driven. So nice. The guy that bought it got a nice car for certain.

Blackedout

Established Member
Bro that car with a properly setup kit, will outrun twin screws. When people start leaving it water to air, stock lower intake manifold with that procharger upper, it just doesn't work. Makes cool peak hp though. You were around when these kits came out and everyone took them off. Put up some race vids when yu get done. Nicely done

Sorry I don't agree.... It just needs patience to get everything to work together right.... This fall after a couple changes mine put down 786/707 @ 5800 with 16* timing 27 psi through a 4R70... fuel pump was not up to the task... If your ever in the Albany are I'll give you a ride perhaps that'll change your mind ;)

mofobucs is a thief

wanna race?
Established Member
sleeved 305ci teksid
9.5:1 arias pistons w/ big valve reliefs for custom cams
oliver billet I-rods
Arp 2000 rod bolts, main bolts, headstuds
Arp cam bolts
factory cobra crank
dowell pin mod
cloyes billet adj. cam gears " secondary chains
3 walbro 342 pumps
id1000 injectors
Custom grind comp cams degreed to 105/125(this was to move the torque curve lower in the RPM band)
Procharger f1a 8-rib setup
01 cobra intake with billet 1" spacer, stock 01 cobra throttle body(custom big spacer to lower the torque curve again)
running E85
I had the low boost pulley on the car for the dyno run and planned to have a mild tune with it at 20psi or so at 7k rpm but unexpectedly ran out of fuel early. I had a pulley and belt in the trunk to run 26-28psi and we think it would have been north of 1200rwhp had i had a bigger fuel pump on the car. I sold the car off and never found out. here is the dyno sheet:
IMG_9344_zps253cc986.jpg

video of it idling.
http://youtu.be/H5YKBNPjzNc

Out of all the high horsepower setups i did, this one was the most fun, it was the easiest most predictable 850hp car ive ever driven. So nice. The guy that bought it got a nice car for certain.

nice man! I think you were out of injector too.

stangfreak

Established Member
Sorry I don't agree.... It just needs patience to get everything to work together right.... This fall after a couple changes mine put down 786/707 @ 5800 with 16* timing 27 psi through a 4R70... fuel pump was not up to the task... If your ever in the Albany are I'll give you a ride perhaps that'll change your mind ;)

Would love to go for a ride in your car. Automatic and centri is a hairy ride. I was told by the people who had this kit years ago that the lower intake wasn't meant for a centri blower. The water to air wasn't ideal and left plenty of power on the table. You had to change over a few things. Once those issues are corrected, it should run hard. If I had the patience I would go to a procharger and auto. Both members on here removed there prochargers. It just didn't work when bolting on the off the shelf kit. Numbers were cool but they didn't run. This was YEARS ago. The first ever kits.

I'm going to hold you up on that ride! Lol.

Blackedout

Established Member
Any update ???? ^^^^^ Just let me know when your in the area... :beer:

phils04gt

Established Member
Let us know how you made out. I have been thinking going this route but people say that a cog setup and manual is not a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread