New flowmasters, anybody have them?

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
I have the "Super 40s" in place of Magnaflow, muffs still retaining my Magnaflow CB, and they sound great! They are so much better sounding than the maggie muffs I wish I would of done it along time ago.

Fran

Established Member
I agree. I ditched my magnaflows because I could not stand that popping noise on decel. I was hoping someone would have the super 44's. I want to hear how they sound on a mod motor.

SonicTerminator

Whistle Box Equipped 4.6
Established Member
i got em with a bbk of road x-pipe...flow master sound, with slight x-pipe rasp..its ok bebetter with an h pipe i think

2003 Silver

Banned
My super 44's are being installed tomorrow. Putting them on an American Thunder system I bought used. I have a MAC Lt's and a catted shorty prochamber.

2003 Silver

Banned
PWORLDSTANG said:
^ ^ I'm curious as to how they sound also. Can one of you post up a sound clip?..

It's going to take some time....just got a call from the shop and the used American Thunder c/b that I bought is having extreme issues matching up all over. Seems like I'll have to take it to a custom fab shop and have some pipes bent. They are booked up for 1-2 weeks.......:cuss:

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Gotta love when that happens!.. LOL!... But no hurries.

... IMO that's doing too much though. I hope you're getting one hell of a deal on that used cat back. A new one is just $360..

2003 Silver

Banned
ViciousJay said:
WHAT?

how hard is it to cut the old muffler off and throw on the new one?? :shrug:

This is a different setup than what is currently on the car and it won't line up from what they said...rookies. It isn't the mufflers...apparently it's the pipes. I should have known better than to buy it on the internet. Some of these muffler shops won't "massage" a system to fit and this most be one of them. What pisses me off is that I had an appointment today with the custom shop and cancelled it due to taking it to this shop...now I have to wait.:mj:

2003 Silver

Banned
PWORLDSTANG said:
Gotta love when that happens!.. LOL!... But no hurries.

... IMO that's doing too much though. I hope you're getting one hell of a deal on that used cat back. A new one is just $360..

Believe...it is starting to cross my mind!! I might take the jump and get a new one or just call it off and sell the super 44's.

2003 Silver

Banned
ViciousJay said:
im confused to what needs bending? or what?

Supposidly on the pipes that connect to my prochamber from the flowmaster...the one side is dead straight and needs to be bent to look like my Borla catback that has the bend in it.:shrug:

I'm ready to give up or weld them into my borla c/b, but I really don't want to do that.

SuperFastFord

Banned
1268Melberger said:
Supposidly on the pipes that connect to my prochamber from the flowmaster...the one side is dead straight and needs to be bent to look like my Borla catback that has the bend in it.:shrug:

I'm ready to give up or weld them into my borla c/b, but I really don't want to do that.
I'd sell both the borla and Flowmaster and get a 3" Mac :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread