New flowmasters, anybody have them?

2003 Silver

Banned
Well...I just scheduled with a shop that can bend pipe, said it shouldn't be an issue even if they had to make new flowtubes (sitcking point) Going in on Monday....crossing fingers that we can get it all to come together nicely.

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
Supers are for ehhhhh;] be a man and get the original 40's. That way you get the loudest 2chambers with the drone.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
twista said:
Supers are for ehhhhh;] be a man and get the original 40's. That way you get the loudest 2chambers with the drone.

I tried to get original 40's but I was told by multiple shops that they do not make them for the 03-04 Cobra anymore. I couldn't find them on their website either. If you know where I can get them please let me know. I am currently running the Super 40's. They have a beautiful deep sound, just to quiet for me.

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
spitin venom said:
I tried to get original 40's but I was told by multiple shops that they do not make them for the 03-04 Cobra anymore. I couldn't find them on their website either. If you know where I can get them please let me know. I am currently running the Super 40's. They have a beautiful deep sound, just to quiet for me.

Not sure, but these mufflers was never made with any catback. How does the underside of a 03-04 look? Can you just weld them in or not? If you want original 40 than you have to get them welded in.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
1268Melberger said:
They are on and sound GREAT!!!! Soundclip to follow....

:pop:

I am interested in how they sound, how they flow, how they drone, and what sizes they come in :coolman:

2003 Silver

Banned
You won't fuggin' believe it....I made the clip and went to upload it and it seems something is wrong the the recorder...sounds like it's rewinding etc. and nothing moves. Won't play, fast forward or rewind...uh oh!!

2003 Silver

Banned
1268Melberger said:
You won't fuggin' believe it....I made the clip and went to upload it and it seems something is wrong the the recorder...sounds like it's rewinding etc. and nothing moves. Won't play, fast forward or rewind...uh oh!!

Tape is broke....put in another tape and it worked fine. Will have to do another clip tomorrow, sorry guys!

2003 Silver

Banned
ViciousJay said:
the combo is with a offroad prochamber right?

I have welded in magnaflow cats, so no. I should have a clip up tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

2003 Silver

Banned
ViciousJay said:
wait i thought you had the flowmasters done?

I justed edited my previous post to read "cats" instead of "mufflers".

Here's what I have: Mac LT's, Mac catted shorty prochamber, flowmaster american thunder with SUPER 44's welded in and 4" gibson tips.

ViciousJay

Established Member
thats cool..... seriously im dying to know know how it sounds... any references to hear... what sounds close to it ??

SteelersVenom06

Fade to Black
Established Member
Also excited to hear the clip.

FWIW, I emailed Flowmaster to see if they were working on a Super 44 catback for our cars. Their response was "it is not currently in the works." So if these mufflers sound good, we're stuck with welding them in for the time being.

I also told them to get rid of those little 3" tips and go with something bigger. :beer:

Brandon03Cobra

On a Boat..
Established Member
I did the same thing

SteelersVenom06 said:
Also excited to hear the clip.

FWIW, I emailed Flowmaster to see if they were working on a Super 44 catback for our cars. Their response was "it is not currently in the works." So if these mufflers sound good, we're stuck with welding them in for the time being.

I also told them to get rid of those little 3" tips and go with something bigger. :beer:

I did the exact same thing and told them there were others willing to buy a catback like that with 4" rolled edge tips and they said it wasn't availble as a catback.

I am trying out this quiet Borla system until this summer when I realize it is too quiet and then I will probally end up getting some Stainless super 44s but I don't know, we"ll see.:shrug:

2003 Silver

Banned
Hopefully this link works....not the best vid but it'll give you an idea. I will make another one on a dry day..didn't realize the vid would pick up the sound of the road water.

th_Super44sMaccattedprochamberMacLTsGi.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread