New Ford GT vs. New ZR1

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Yes, the 720s is going to do serious damage to the Ford GT. Here's his dyno graph comparing the two.

3717882E-0530-48EE-B768-F84117B91414.jpeg

Edit - The top line for the Ford GT was 577hp.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
if you watch the video, they had a hard time dynoing it. Who knows if the numbers are 100% accurate.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
if you watch the video, they had a hard time dynoing it. Who knows if the numbers are 100% accurate.

I did and I agree, but that's the only dyno graph of a Ford GT we have to work with. It also helps it's the same owner using the same dyno for the two cars he owns.

blk02edge

Established Member
So, if the ZR1 would've won, it would've been "LOLZ! Ecoshit! Shoulda used a V8! LOLROFL!"

Instead, the FGT won, and it's "yeah, but reduce the aero on the ZR1, and it would've won".

SVTP logic.... *rolleyes*
Man the zr1 wasnt even flooring it!! Haha

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
The ZR1 would have won for sure if it had a DCT. Porsche's and McLaren's DCT is magic. Remember, the 991 GT3 can run low 11's and thats from 500hp NA 6-cylinder.
I'm not a porsche nut or anything but I wish the American makes would step up to their level when it comes to their sports cars. GT2RS has a 23 gallon tank option as well as the front end lift kit. I think all the 911 cars have the front lift option. First American car to incorporate something similar is the Ford GT. Hope the C8 vette has it.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
The ZR1 would have won for sure if it had a DCT. Porsche's and McLaren's DCT is magic. Remember, the 991 GT3 can run low 11's and thats from 500hp NA 6-cylinder.
I'm not a porsche nut or anything but I wish the American makes would step up to their level when it comes to their sports cars. GT2RS has a 23 gallon tank option as well as the front end lift kit. I think all the 911 cars have the front lift option. First American car to incorporate something similar is the Ford GT. Hope the C8 vette has it.

It's my understanding the A8 in the Vette is pretty darn close to a DCT in terms of response time. It's not perfect, but I doubt it would have changed the outcome of that race.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
It's my understanding the A8 in the Vette is pretty darn close to a DCT in terms of response time. It's not perfect, but I doubt it would have changed the outcome of that race.

Almost every company with the 8 speeds ( and now 10) say this too. The vette sounds like it shifts very fast.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Almost every company with the 8 speeds ( and now 10) say this too. The vette sounds like it shifts very fast.
It doesn’t shift fast enough. Y’all musta forgot those auto hellcat vs auto c7z videos. The hellcat A8 is the faster shifting tranny. Both transmissions are still slower than a DCT. And then there’s different levels DCTs.

Users who are viewing this thread