New gauge location

Lomancobra

Established Member
Just got the car back. I wanted somethign different than the A pillar pod, which I heard wasnt even available for our car. I originally was going to go with a 4 guage pod on top of the dash fabricated from scratch. Then the installer came up with this cheaper and easier idea. I could only fit three in this location, but I'll settle. The location is cool, but the install was half assed. The gauges arent centered, just noticed that. Also the FP gauge is dented, which they are replacing. I think once i get the gauge replace I will just have it redone somewhere else now that I have the basic example to work off of. It just needs some refinement, but it works for now.

Last edited:

Wildcard

Established Member
Lomancobra

Your avatar is disturbing... that's more than your usual happy meal:eek: :eek: :eek: :dw:

Lomancobra

Established Member
Thanks for all the compliments!

Jimmy- Since the new tune the car is running much safer. Less timing and better AF curve. But im having an issue with the boost. I'm not sure if you saw my posts in modularfords, but the boost is not pegging 15/17psi instead it slowly increases like a centrifugal. We think its an issue with the bypass valve or one of the lines. I'm driving down to Herman's on friday so he can check it out for himself. I left your chip with Joe, thanks again. Once I get all these issues settled I will be itching to go to the track. Let me know if you want to go meet up sometime and go. :beer:

Wildcard- I'm working on a new one, I'm sorry if it offends you?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Originally posted by Lomancobra
Thanks for all the compliments!

Jimmy- Since the new tune the car is running much safer. Less timing and better AF curve. But im having an issue with the boost. I'm not sure if you saw my posts in modularfords, but the boost is not pegging 15/17psi instead it slowly increases like a centrifugal. We think its an issue with the bypass valve or one of the lines. I'm driving down to Herman's on friday so he can check it out for himself. I left your chip with Joe, thanks again. Once I get all these issues settled I will be itching to go to the track. Let me know if you want to go meet up sometime and go. :beer:

Wildcard- I'm working on a new one, I'm sorry if it offends you?:rolleyes:

I am going to OHIO this weekend..The Modular Shootout.You get your beast straightened out..
When we both get back we can make plans..
Best of luck.

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
if your gonna get the guages redone, see if they can make it where you can face the guages toward you just a little...just an idea, but i think it looks badass

Juiced-03

Established Member
nice, but why put the boost gauge so far out of sight??? I dont think when I am pegged at 15 pounds of boost I will want to turn my head away from the road and look over at that boost gauge! To each his own, but I'd want mine by the A-pillar or in an instrument-dash pod.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Juiced-03
nice, but why put the boost gauge so far out of sight??? I dont think when I am pegged at 15 pounds of boost I will want to turn my head away from the road and look over at that boost gauge! To each his own, but I'd want mine by the A-pillar or in an instrument-dash pod.
It looks nice and probably works well for you but I have to agree with Juiced-03. I'd rather have the gauges more in line with my sight straight forward, like on the A-pillar or, better yet, just below the stock gauges. JMO. Looks nice, though. I've seen some older muscle cars (like the '68-'69 Camaro) with gauges way down on the console. I could never understand why the heck they ever did that. It might look cool but it is useless when you're racing unless you can drive with your eyes glued to the console. LOL!

Lomancobra

Established Member
What all did it take to do that I really like that more thant the other setups.

All they really did was pop out the AC controls and move them down above my radio. The vacumn lines reached, so there was no modification needed. Then they fabricated a plexiglass face to mount the guages and bracket onto. Then I beleive they just cut a hole through the firewall for the wiring. Only thing is, if you want this you have to ditch your stock radio so that they have the room to move the AC controls down. But I was doing this anyway because the stock CD changer was always jamming on me, and the sound of the car was starting to overpower the radio, which is good, but sometimes on long trips I want to listen to music.
Another Option if you dont want to change your radio is to put them where the vents are. They would be higher and easier to view as well.

I realize that the gauges are somewhat out of your normal line of sight. It is a drawback, but I'm not constantly looking down at the gauges anyway. If I need to check them, they are there. Besides, what are my options if I want more than 1 or 2 guages anyway? I heard the A pillar doesnt fit :shrug:

Last edited:

BBriBro

Established Member
If there was only a way to do this with the stock radio, hmm, maybe put the a/c controls where the switches are below the radio, deactivate the TC, I leave the fog lights on all the time, and mount a little toggle for the rear defrost under the dash or something. Or put it back by the headlight switch where it was before !

coleman

Established Member
let's have a night pic ... i've always wanted to relocate a few of these center console controls & fit in a nice DVD screen :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread