New GT loss to SRT-8

Deuuuce

Established Member
On the way to work one morning, a new, blue GT caught my eye. It had wider than stock wheels (also seemed to have a wider track) and the mufflers were shiny but I believe may have been stock. It sounded nice. Older guy driving.

We ended up lining up next to each other a few times and he FINALLY noticed the car. At the light we both smiled and he left on the green, hard. He
had a good, loud launch but we both spun a bit. I spun a 2nd time due to
the surface but in 2nd gear I was even with him and at 3rd I was walking him. Both gave a thumbs up. I had it in 1st and let the computer shift.

2nd time another light, nice and clear again. Same result, he got a good
launch (by a car length) but it was over after I got into 3rd. This time I left it in "D". Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to talk but we exchanged waves.

I can definitely see it being a mid/high 13sec car, but the trap speed just isn't high enough to beat an SRT-8 either.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
I've seen two SRT Chargers in the past two days. Totally jealous. Awesome car, good kill.

Deuuuce

Established Member
Thanks. It's a tank but supremely comfortable, fun and fast. Handles great for the size. Thirsty too though!

rocket5979

Established Member
Deuuuce said:
Thanks. It's a tank but supremely comfortable, fun and fast. Handles great for the size. Thirsty too though!

Yeah, they seem like good vehicles with some decent power. I just wish the body style wasn't so chunky. If Dodge start to make vehicles that look a little more sleek then I will be more tempted to take a closer look to maybe pick on up one day. I had really high hopes for the body style in concept design a while back. They still are attractive cars, just need a small diet is all. You have yourself a nice car there man. Keep :burnout:

KYLightning02

Established Member
yea those chargers do look pretty sweet the srt-8 modle is the only styl i like out of the charger line up and nice kill man

UrS4

Established Member
Deuuce,

Nice kill,

Do you think he was modded?

I have seen a few SRT-8 chargers around here and it sounds like your third gear is the gear to fear. I wonder how you would stand against a geared GT?

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
nice race, i have a ? for uabout them cars, a young cocky kid has 1 in my town, all thanks to his dad buying him it lol,he was bragging it made 460rwhp, but it looks bone stock, i see there rated like 425 crank hp, what do these things take to make that rwhp? and hes prob lieing i take it, but would it bea good race with me then?i have a95 gt with a h/c/i 306 full bolt ons, i make about 300+rwhp and prob like 3,300-3,500lbs, and im 5 speed, ur cars are what 4,000 lbs automatic 350-370rwhp? I'm wondering if i should race this kid, which ill prob get smoked, but i have the power to weight ratio, and the other thing is i destroy 05+ gt's bone stock or with a basic mod, so im wondering if i should race? btw srt8's are sick looking cars man! got any pics of yours

BayareaSS

Established Member
mustangmanjeff said:
nice race, i have a ? for uabout them cars, a young cocky kid has 1 in my town, all thanks to his dad buying him it lol,he was bragging it made 460rwhp, but it looks bone stock, i see there rated like 425 crank hp, what do these things take to make that rwhp? and hes prob lieing i take it, but would it bea good race with me then?i have a95 gt with a h/c/i 306 full bolt ons, i make about 300+rwhp and prob like 3,300-3,500lbs, and im 5 speed, ur cars are what 4,000 lbs automatic 350-370rwhp? I'm wondering if i should race this kid, which ill prob get smoked, but i have the power to weight ratio, and the other thing is i destroy 05+ gt's bone stock or with a basic mod, so im wondering if i should race? btw srt8's are sick looking cars man! got any pics of yours

I think an srt8 would take you but not by much. It should be a good race for sure

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
BayareaSS said:
I think an srt8 would take you but not by much. It should be a good race for sure

yeah,i have some new heads going on and a tune so im prob gonna race him then so ican deff beat him, i kno ill take him from a roll, cause i saw it take off didnt sound like it downshifts and it sounded sick but didnt look like it took off fast, but i still love them cars, i just want to show him he isnt the shit as he acts :banana:

Deuuuce

Established Member
UrS4 said:
Deuuce,

Nice kill,

Do you think he was modded?

I have seen a few SRT-8 chargers around here and it sounds like your third gear is the gear to fear. I wonder how you would stand against a geared GT?

Catching up here....

I think it was stock but he got such a great launch vs. me it made sense that I caught up to him by the 1/8th mile mark.

3rd gear actually is a dead spot at 70mph. You need momentum for 3rd unless you're doing 85-90mph. The car really responds from a roll when it downshifts into 1st or 2nd and is in the meat of the powerband.

I know a geared N/A Cobra will beat an SRT-8 up to 105-110mph so a geared GT would be a real problem for me...

Last edited:

Deuuuce

Established Member
mustangmanjeff said:

I think it will be a good race. 360-370rwhp stock for SRT-8s

Full bolt-on SRT-8s make 400rwhp. NO WAY is he at 460 to the wheel unless FI or bored/stroked. There are no gears available either, yet.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Deuuuce said:
On the way to work one morning, a new, blue GT caught my eye. It had wider than stock wheels (also seemed to have a wider track) and the mufflers were shiny but I believe may have been stock. It sounded nice. Older guy driving.

We ended up lining up next to each other a few times and he FINALLY noticed the car. At the light we both smiled and he left on the green, hard. He
had a good, loud launch but we both spun a bit. I spun a 2nd time due to
the surface but in 2nd gear I was even with him and at 3rd I was walking him. Both gave a thumbs up. I had it in 1st and let the computer shift.

2nd time another light, nice and clear again. Same result, he got a good
launch (by a car length) but it was over after I got into 3rd. This time I left it in "D". Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to talk but we exchanged waves.

I can definitely see it being a mid/high 13sec car, but the trap speed just isn't high enough to beat an SRT-8 either.

Good kill, man! (not to highjack your thread, but..) I had a similar experience with a 2005 GT when my friend bought it brandy new. He was so anxious to race me just to see how he would do. At the time, I had only K&N filter and Magnaflow Cat-back. On the lauch, he would stay even with me even a bit through 2nd. However, once third gear came, I began pulling pretty hard. I took it to the top of third and then let of because we were on a main street (10:30 pm-not to busy). I had at least 1 1/2 on him. I think the Hp and torque is there for the new GT's but the weight is the killer. However, they do wake up nicely with gears, exhaust and a good tune so beware which one you play with. I believe they have a very mild tune from the factory which does not allow them to really show their potential.:coolman:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
you beat a Ford GT?? :dw:

j/k i LOVE the chargert SRT8s! in black they are :bowdown:
ive smoked two of them in my termee but ive got gobs more power.

Users who are viewing this thread