New GT500 has 772hp

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
One of my favorites, watching it every Christmas has become a family tradition of sorts for us.

Lol yes, we do the same thing at Christmas time. Although my family it's a bit hit or miss for us each year.

"The ****** is full!" One of the funniest parts of the movie for me, but there are ton of funny things in it. I might have to break it out of hibernation since we skipped it this year and watch it.

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
Oh FFS, it allows more flexibility to keep the engine in the power band.
Actually the answer is. Easier. Thats the only reason a 10sp auto would be faster. You be suprised how negligible straight line speed is, powershifting down the straights will net you practically nothing and a 10sp auto will lose in other areas

Coiled03

Established Member
Actually the answer is. Easier. Thats the only reason a 10sp auto would be faster. You be suprised how negligible straight line speed is, powershifting down the straights will net you practically nothing and a 10sp auto will lose in other areas

False. You think they put more gears in F1 cars to make it "easier"? No. It's all about keeping the engine in the best RPM range at any given point in time.

blk02edge

Established Member
False. You think they put more gears in F1 cars to make it "easier"? No. It's all about keeping the engine in the best RPM range at any given point in time.
An F1 tranny is a fricken state of the art sequential that can not be compared to the likes of a torque converter auto. A real life true fact that has been compared is the difference between an H pattern vs "slush box" is negligible ex: whats available in most factory street cars. My point on Brett was 99% of people are faster in the auto because they have an easier time clicking a paddle rather than learn heal-toe and just managing 3 pedals.

Find me some examples of pro drivers getting faster times in the auto over a manual, I can sure show you the other way around. Keeping in mind sequential isn't what I am talking about

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
It took me 8 passes at the drag strip in a gear/exhaust modified 5-sp 99GT to get within a half second of advertised stock time.

Know why?

Because it took more skill/ability to achieve good times in a manual car. Clearly, at that time, I lacked whatever you want to call it that makes you perform well (skill, practice, ability).

It would take more skill for a Major League Baseball player to achieve success with a broom handle, that doesn’t mean it’s better than using a baseball bat.

On topic, 755hp/700tq, 10sp, 10.6s stock w/auto, 11.0s with stick, 61k base price, optioned up to 80k.

Out.

08mojo

Established Member
On topic, 755hp/700tq, 10sp, 10.6s stock w/auto, 11.0s with stick, 61k base price, optioned up to 80k.

Out.

The GT350 base price is $56k. I really doubt the GT500 base price is $5k more, but I hope I'm wrong. I'm thinking a base price in the mid to high $60s.

pwrshft99

Established Member
I'm excited to finally see the GT500 is finally on its way but kinda getting tired of Ford's trends with the Mustang.

It should not have taken this long to come out with this car. It appears to be a supercharged 5.2 with a traditional crankshaft. I'm sure there is more to it than that but come on, these parts have been in production for YEARS!!

Users who are viewing this thread