New GTR mile record with a sketchy ending

95SC

Banned
I don't think they were worried about getting the power down, they new that they were gear limited, top of 6th was like maybe 235 at the most. After they hit that dip im sure they decided to wait for another mile track (like the maxton mile) and a different final drive just for the mile. Also remember that this car went mid 8's in the 1/4th at 35psi just a week before this event, last time I checked the FGT didn't do that..

Why do you post the same stupid shit every time in all GTR realted threads, can't read what AMS posted :bash:

Yea 500 rpms in 6-th gear is only good for 3mph :lol:

29.5 peak boost, 8400 rpm through the traps! He was not out of gear but rather out of aero. He said he could of spun it to 8900 but the car was just too much of handful with stock aero.[/I]

mr2cam

Established Member
Why do you post the same stupid shit every time in all GTR realted threads, can't read what AMS posted :bash:

Yea 500 rpms in 6-th gear is only good for 3mph :lol:

29.5 peak boost, 8400 rpm through the traps! He was not out of gear but rather out of aero. He said he could of spun it to 8900 but the car was just too much of handful with stock aero.[/I]

Yes they said that the aero made the car move around a lot, but have you seen the car, they removed a lot of stuff INCLUDING the rear spoiler.. I have no doubt that the stock aero would work better then what they have, the whole car was built to move air to that rear spoiler and without it and other components I can see why it was moving around a lot.. Also just because they hit 29.5 peak boost doesn't mean that is what the car was running full tilt. You can have a boost spike (especially when they are running as much power as they are) and then it will level off.

I also don't understand how you say im always in these threads defending the cars, look at my post history.. This might be the 2nd time total of all my posts, and I wasn't the one that started the bullshit, the kid that posted the FGT video was trying to shit all over the GTR.. If things were opposite and the GTR ran faster the the FGT and someone talked shit, I would have done the same thing.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
So the fastest NGTR is still quite a bit slower than the fastest FGT

[Youtube_browser]7tZPj7Ebh0o[/youtube_browser]

Cool story bro... Congrats on having a bad ass car. Oh wait, it's not yours and you're in no way associated with it... so what does this have to do with the thread? Someone else built a bad ass GT, that must mean ALL FGT's can trap 250+ in the mile, and we shouldn't post any other cars because of that.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Back on topic though, I thought for sure it was going to roll... That parachute must have helped him out a ton, because without it, I think he would have rolled it.

Users who are viewing this thread