New GTR mile record with a sketchy ending

yenko boy

Established Member
Im thinking Gtr's will never be able to match a high powered ford gt or even Gallardo in the mile but maybe im wrong. Either way that's still impressive.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
lol, that was awesome. I would have been freakin out!! He goes WHOA at the end!! Big balls I guess.

nickf2005

Established Member
There's your difference between a professional and an amateur.

I would have been crying... That all happened before his butt even had a chance to pucker.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Im thinking Gtr's will never be able to match a high powered ford gt or even Gallardo in the mile but maybe im wrong. Either way that's still impressive.

I think theyre limited by gearing at this point. Of course we all know how easy it is to swap gearing on a RWD car with a pretty low tech transmission.

a built shep trans that can handle that power is already $26k for a GTR.

GTR - R35 Transmission Rebuild Stage 4 | Sheptrans

I highly doubt theyve even started thinking on how to re-gear the damn thing. I know on DSMs you can put in a higher 5th gear to give you better freeway rpm's but thats a transmission from mid 80's technology where shits easy to engineer.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, that's where being a professional really shines. My heart would have been pounding BIG time!

ZWilson07

Established Member
I think theyre limited by gearing at this point. Of course we all know how easy it is to swap gearing on a RWD car with a pretty low tech transmission.

a built shep trans that can handle that power is already $26k for a GTR.

GTR - R35 Transmission Rebuild Stage 4 | Sheptrans

I highly doubt theyve even started thinking on how to re-gear the damn thing. I know on DSMs you can put in a higher 5th gear to give you better freeway rpm's but thats a transmission from mid 80's technology where shits easy to engineer.

I just think its to much money to be worth investing in. If your going to invest that kind of money, you could basically be building anything. But I guess everyone likes to me different, I just know if it was my money it wouldnt be on that car, but they are still amazing machines regardless.

I like how spinning out didn't even phase him one single bit, hell he just kept 2 hands on the wheel and just easily cranked back and forth and let it spin in his hand like it was nothing. His eyes didnt get big or anything, his face literally looked like it stayed the same the entire time from beginning to end and just like oh yeah did I just spin out at 200 mph, psh what of it :coolman:.

Last edited:

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
So the fastest NGTR is still quite a bit slower than the fastest FGT

[Youtube_browser]7tZPj7Ebh0o[/youtube_browser]

Last edited by a moderator:

GO_N_H.A.M

Established Member
your talking about 233 siiting comfortably and i can just imagine the price difference.....

wonder which would dominate on a road course..... i could just imagine

mr2cam

Established Member
So the fastest NGTR is still quite a bit slower than the fastest FGT, suck on that fan boys.

[Youtube_browser]7tZPj7Ebh0o[/youtube_browser]

Did you watch the video? The car went 233mph with only 1250awhp. Considering it makes 1600awhp on high boost and when they wont be limited by gear they should be in the high 240's to low 250's.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
wow, can YOU afford either ??:dw: Didn't think so

Remind me what that has to do with anything. To answer your ridiculous question though, no, I can't. I'm a 22yr old college student. Am I only allowed to comment on cars I can afford? Can you afford either? (this is obviously a rhetorical question, I don't care. Kudos if you can). I guess you're implying I am myself a fanboy. Eh, I'll take that. I'll take that out of my original post for you.

Did you watch the video? The car went 233mph with only 1250awhp. Considering it makes 1600awhp on high boost and when they wont be limited by gear they should be in the high 240's to low 250's.

Run what you brung. Power means nothing if you can't get it to the road. And high 240's to low 250's is still slower than 257 (assuming "low 250's"<255)

Last edited by a moderator:

mr2cam

Established Member
Remind me what that has to do with anything. To answer your ridiculous question though, no, I can't. I'm a 22yr old college student. Am I only allowed to comment on cars I can afford? Can you afford either? (this is obviously a rhetorical question, I don't care. Kudos if you can). I guess you're implying I am myself a fanboy. Eh, I'll take that.

Run what you brung. Power means nothing if you can't get it to the road. And high 240's to low 250's is still slower than 257 (assuming "low 250's"<255)

I don't think they were worried about getting the power down, they new that they were gear limited, top of 6th was like maybe 235 at the most. After they hit that dip im sure they decided to wait for another mile track (like the maxton mile) and a different final drive just for the mile. Also remember that this car went mid 8's in the 1/4th at 35psi just a week before this event, last time I checked the FGT didn't do that..

Users who are viewing this thread