New guy. 2010 or 2011 GT500?

10random

SVT Lurker
Established Member
Just remember just like on star if you get sync you will have big brother watching if someting goes wrong your screwed ...I would never put those systems in my car.

They know where you are how fast your going etc,etc at all times if they wanted to look along with the insurance companies if there is an accident !

Umm all modern cars have that and then there is your cell phone..... You don't need on-star, sync, etc to tell your insurance company that. At least with sync it requires dialing your phone to transmit any location data.

BigDan

Established Member
Umm all modern cars have that and then there is your cell phone..... You don't need on-star, sync, etc to tell your insurance company that. At least with sync it requires dialing your phone to transmit any location data.

+1

Its way better then on star and you can select to turn 911 accident alert off if you're ridin dirty. I leave mine off because I don't want the cops to show up if I happen to put it in a ditch because TC was off.

Of course for you tin foil hat wearers I heard big brother could turn always turn on your mic and vehicle position if you happen to be on their bad side.

10thsilversnk

Established Member
+1

Its way better then on star and you can select to turn 911 accident alert off if you're ridin dirty. I leave mine off because I don't want the cops to show up if I happen to put it in a ditch because TC was off.

Of course for you tin foil hat wearers I heard big brother could turn always turn on your mic and vehicle position if you happen to be on their bad side.

:lol:

TermNewb

Banned
+1

Yea and don't forget the government just loves to spy on some fat slob driving his GT500 at 150mph instead of terrorists and other countries who want to blow us up.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
Yes it's worth it. Ford gave 2011 owner's over $10k in upgrades over the 2010 model and that's even without the SVT PP. Here is a list I made for a member on TS who wanted to know the difference between a 2010 and 2011 non-PP.

*Aluminum block
*Electric steering
*Silver finish on SC
*Blue power coat valve covers
*Improved exhaust manifolds
*Larger exhaust diameter
*H pipe vs 2010 X pipe
*Painted rear end
*Finned aluminum diff cover
*Improved brake cooling
*Auto start ignition
*40% larger inter cooler
*HID's standard
*No gas guzzler tax
*Flip up/ down rear headrests
* Improved under body aero dynamics
*Orange antifreeze
*Bigger faster more complex computer
*Wideband o2's?
*New colors
*Improved suspension, fixed the 2010's wheel hop.
*10 horsepower more but seems to make more like 20whp
*Factory "Boost a pump" for the fuel pump
*"My key" for limiting speed and TC for certain keys
*Different cam part numbers, some say its the Ford GT cams due to the 2011's making peak whp at redline
*Optional glass roof
*Blind spot side view mirrors.
*extra sound deadening material

+ everything that's in the SVT PP

What you don't mention, is that there is far more variability between 2011 dyno numbers. There were three stock 2011s at a local dyno day on Sunday. One made 451(this was the day before pre mods, but it made the same power post modes between the two days), one made 468, and another made 485 (this car had the HE, but it was cool and shouldn't make a difference on 1 cold dyno pull). There were two stock 2010s there (mine and another) that put down 477 and 480whp repectively. Same day, same dyno. Just a couple hours apart. One of the Ford GTs guys there mentioned it had somehting to do with the GT cams' degree variability. FYI this is on a mustang Dyno.

BigDan

Established Member
What you don't mention, is that there is far more variability between 2011 dyno numbers. There were three stock 2011s at a local dyno day on Sunday. One made 451(this was the day before pre mods, but it made the same power post modes between the two days), one made 468, and another made 485 (this car had the HE, but it was cool and shouldn't make a difference on 1 cold dyno pull). There were two stock 2010s there (mine and another) that put down 477 and 480whp repectively. Same day, same dyno. Just a couple hours apart. One of the Ford GTs guys there mentioned it had somehting to do with the GT cams' degree variability. FYI this is on a mustang Dyno.

Why would I mention something that isnt true?

Two 2011 GT500 PP dynoed with in 1 whp same day same dyno about an hour apart. Job 1 made 521whp and a job 2 car made 522whp. A 2011 GT put down 365whp in between the two GT500 run's. The runs are on youtube if you don't believe it.

Last edited:

taz2005

Established Member

Wow, that is some variation. I am not even thinking about a dyno run until after I have broken it in nicely. My 2010 Camaro (pre-supercharger), dyno'd 368 with 1000 miles. At 4k miles, same dyno, same sunny CA day, it was 387.

Anyway, my car didn't arrive last night..the dealer that has it was having second thought about letting it go. Anyway, my local dealer called today and said they are now almost sure my car will be in their showroom tomorrow at the latest. $1k over invoice. I thought about $1k over dealer cost but they probably would have laughed at me. The invoice they'll show is not really their actual cost but hey, I am paying $4k less than the MSRP and they worked the phones to find it for me. This dealer is 1 mile from my house so it will be most convenient come service or repair time.

I want to buy local this time. I have had bad experiences bringing cars to a local dealer for warranty repairs when I didn't buy the car from them. Usually, the first question outta their mouth after you tell them about a problem what you think should be covered under warranry is, "did u buy it here?"

Now I wish I didn't sell my Factory Five Racing roadster (1965 Shelby Cobra replica). It would have been nice next to a 2011 GT500.

I can't wait!

Last edited:

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
Why would I mention something that isnt true?

Two 2011 GT500 PP dynoed with in 1 whp same day same dyno about an hour apart. Job 1 made 521whp and a job 2 car made 522whp. A 2011 GT put down 365whp in between the two GT500 run's. The runs are on youtube if you don't believe it.

Just because two can be nearly the same, certainly doesn't make my statement false. I was posting my observation from a dyno at Tracy's (RaceRat) shop, and merely offering up what the Ford GT owner's that were in attendance said. I had never heard anything about the cam variation until Sunday. I figured they would be in a better position to know the Ford GT cams than I. All I know for a fact is the numbers, and that the 568whp 2011 had slightly more miles than mine (both over 5k).

BigDan

Established Member
Just because two can be nearly the same, certainly doesn't make my statement false. I was posting my observation from a dyno at Tracy's (RaceRat) shop, and merely offering up what the Ford GT owner's that were in attendance said.

What you don't mention, is that there is far more variability between 2011 dyno numbers.

^ I didn't take your statement as posting an observation more like you telling me that I forgot to mention your own personal opinion in my list.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
^ I didn't take your statement as posting an observation more like you telling me that I forgot to mention your own personal opinion in my list.

Opinion-Mustangs are the best cars ever.

Fact- 3 stock 2011 gt500's had a spread of 35whp on the same dyno.

Actually, I was posting my observation to refute your claim that typically have 20more whp than the 2010s ;). I added the info from the Ford GT guys as it seemed plausible.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
I'm trying to figure out how a 2010 has a higher dyno horsepower than a 2011. The 11 has larger exhaust (better exhaust flow 2 3/4 with an X). Larger Cams from the GT engine (better lobe seperation) It has electric steering ( not robbing HP from the motor turning the PS pump) Wideband Sensors to maximaize the timing. A much better strategy in the PCM for fuel management. And it still dynoed less than the 2010. Just the EPAS alone should show about a 7hp differenc. The cams have to pick up a few HP. The exhaust will also pick up a few ponies. If the 2010 stock beat it like that then FORD has made a big mistake.

On a side note if you ever watch the videos, or see a stock 2010 and 11 go at it you will see the 11 constantly pull from the 10 in the upper rpm range. I ran one when mine was stock and it was a driver's race out the gate. From 4800 and above it seem like I was making more HP because I would start to inch away and through the gears it keep getting worst

taz2005

Established Member
2010 or 2011...I will take either one's stock rwhp anyday and have full warranty to go with it but am going with 2011 for the upgrades and lighter weight in the front. I like going around corners fast better than going straight lines fast but this one does both fast so I am happy.

10random

SVT Lurker
Established Member
I'm trying to figure out how a 2010 has a higher dyno horsepower than a 2011. The 11 has larger exhaust (better exhaust flow 2 3/4 with an X). Larger Cams from the GT engine (better lobe seperation) It has electric steering ( not robbing HP from the motor turning the PS pump) Wideband Sensors to maximaize the timing. A much better strategy in the PCM for fuel management. And it still dynoed less than the 2010. Just the EPAS alone should show about a 7hp differenc. The cams have to pick up a few HP. The exhaust will also pick up a few ponies. If the 2010 stock beat it like that then FORD has made a big mistake.

On a side note if you ever watch the videos, or see a stock 2010 and 11 go at it you will see the 11 constantly pull from the 10 in the upper rpm range. I ran one when mine was stock and it was a driver's race out the gate. From 4800 and above it seem like I was making more HP because I would start to inch away and through the gears it keep getting worst

4 Stock GT500s

The power order was 2011[485], 2010[480], 2010[477], and then 2011[465]. Things like engine temp and miles on the engine affect power output as well. Considering the average GT500 variance can be ~15rwhp per engine this is all extremely plausible. Don't put too much merit in the changes between 2010 and 2011. Ford even rated the difference in the two motors at 10 flywheel hp. Weight is what truly gives the 2011 a track time advantage and weight is irrelevant on the dyno :)

BigDan

Established Member
There is far more stock 500+whp 2011's then 2010's and all the one's at the top of the list are 2011's.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread