New guy checking in from Tacoma area

PNWSVT

Established Member
So I have been a part of many forums and never have any been this inviting lol. I’m fixing to take some pics right now

Build number #7139

Some things I have noticed and maybe I read over or past them in the “FAQS” and maybe you guys can help me out.

I park in a garage that has shit for ventilation, and when I open it in the morning with my car obviously parked in it, it smells like there should be a pool of gas under my car. It’s kind of like that as I drive with the windows up as well.

AFR at cold start idle (around 1k rpm) bounces between high 13s and the 15s. Crusing at 60 (cruise control) it’s between 14.2 and 15, at WOT it’s 11.1:11.3.

Sometimes my transmission sounds like an old top loader. It sometimes rattles in neutral with the parking break engaged on a flat surface and sometimes it sounds like a ball bearing inside a coke can. Other times it’s smooth as butter. Maybe TOB?

And that’s all from the cobra diaries gents. Here come the pics

PNWSVT

Established Member
6B6BBADB-869E-40A4-9381-55102CEB0956.jpeg
FED6740F-648C-44CC-9774-0D3981915236.jpeg

papajoewill

Established Member
Looks clean dude, any pics of the bay handy? :)

Wish I could be of more assistance with your questions but I'm sure there are guys with more knowledge that will chime in on the things you mentioned.

PNWSVT

Established Member
Today is a long day but as soon as I’m done with these finals I’ll head back out to the car and get the goods for everyone. I definitely think it could be cleaned up in the bay. I have seen some very sexy engine bays and mine looks like a bit of a Frankenstein setup lol

Systemax302

Established Member
Damn, looks like a bad bitch man, congrats. I almost bought a black coupe.
I just recently got my first Terminator, SM 2003 10th Anniversary. 1 of 257.
I need to get some good pics and a description of the car posted up this week.

PNWSVT

Established Member
Thanks, I am somewhat stressing about that possible TOB. It was acting like an ass tonight. If I was stopped there was a sound like a heat shield was rattling against an exhaust pipe near the bell housing. Its definitely not from the engine. Also noticing slight hesitation releasing the clutch in second, kind of like a jerking. I am heading out of town this weekend for some Fantasy Football Draft shenanigans but will be taking it into the Mustang Shop Monday and have them give it a clean bill of health. I can do damn near anything mechanical with a car, but when it comes to tunes etc i'm lost in the sauce. One thing that sucks is the guy didn't include the predator. TMS did the tune and has backups etc

PNWSVT

Established Member
The fuel smell is most likely the fuel lines. I don't think the push-lok stuff you has comes with a teflon liner but not positive.
Looks like Lethal Performance has an upgrade to PFTE ..... @ $426. If I gotta pay $426 to not get high on my own supply then ill do it. It would be different if this was a race gas lol but its your local 92 octane. Speaking of which I got a bottle of Torco in yesterday and have been tempted to toss it in. It was for my 6.4L Hemi becuase it had 11.14:1 CR. I know these cars are happy with some octane booster.

Adventurer2014

Nice purchase! I saw your car listed on CL on the Infiniti dealer in Fife and wanted to make it up last weekend to look at it (been looking for a Terminator Cobra) but unfortunately I am located in Oregon and had to work.! It looks like one, well built car. Congrats and good luck!

PNWSVT

Established Member
Nice purchase! I saw your car listed on CL on the Infiniti dealer in Fife and wanted to make it up last weekend to look at it (been looking for a Terminator Cobra) but unfortunately I am located in Oregon and had to work.! It looks like one, well built car. Congrats and good luck!
thanks ! I wasn’t getting anywhere selling the charger on CL or OfferUp just a bunch of people asking me what my dyno numbers were lol so I took the hit and traded it in for the car I always wanted and I’m more than happy about it! Good luck on the search. There are a few for sale here in the Tacoma Area.

StrayBullitt

Established Member
Nice Cobra OP, hope to see you around the area.

Can't say I have had a bad exp. at TMS, but they lost their best tech imo and he is now doing tuning at Turbo Technology out near you in Tacoma. If it were me, I would consider them over TMS. Just my .02$ TMS has a few guys in there that look pretty new and I would not necessarily trust to be working on my car.

Good Luck !

PNWSVT

Established Member
I have heard good things about Turbo Tech. I even applied for a part time job there lol What’s the techs name ? I’ll reach out. Really I’m open to any options or opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread