New guy from Alabama (with pics)

lawnmower22

Established Member
Noob here. I've been without a car for a while and trying to figure out what to get next. I looked at BMW 335is, base C6s and eventually ended up with a 2012 Kona blue GT. So far I love the car. It's my first Mustang. It's all stock right now. I'm trying to decide what direction to take with it. I look forward to taking advantage of all the good info I've been able to find on here.

I'm sure no one will care but I'll post pics of my old rides for the heck of it.
We have the civics.
hatchrollingrearcopy.jpg

8x4carfront.jpg

The 240.
nissan2.jpg

240hoodpop.jpg

The STI
Before
IMG_0880.jpg

Under the knife.
100_2310.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

After.
DSC_0008-2.jpg

DSC_0006-2.jpg

DSC_0001-2.jpg

008.jpg

My other toy.
IMG_5851.jpg

IMG_5904.jpg

The GT.
photo-1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo3.jpg

Thanks for looking.:beer:

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice STI there, and it looks like you have had your share of fun climbing rocks with the Jeep. I see you joined back in 2010 so it's good to see you back and participating. Hope you can enjoy our great forums more.

And congratulations on buying your '12 Kona Blue GT. These new GTs are a blast right from the factory and it doesn't take much to bump up the fun factor with just an intake, exhaust and a tune. And that's just for starters. Well, whatever you choose to do, enjoy it. Very nice Mustang! :)

lawnmower22

Established Member
Nice STI there, and it looks like you have had your share of fun climbing rocks with the Jeep. I see you joined back in 2010 so it's good to see you back and participating. Hope you can enjoy our great forums more.

And congratulations on buying your '12 Kona Blue GT. These new GTs are a blast right from the factory and it doesn't take much to bump up the fun factor with just an intake, exhaust and a tune. And that's just for starters. Well, whatever you choose to do, enjoy it. Very nice Mustang! :)

Thanks man. I joined in 2010 planning to buy an 03-04 Cobra after my STI had eaten two built engines. That boxer engine just can't hold 500+ hp very well. You know how it goes though. I ended up selling my house with all my work space and moving into a rental that didn't even have a garage. By the time I could move into my new house with a garage, these 5.0s had really caught my eye. I think I'm going to enjoy it a lot.

Last edited:

lawnmower22

Established Member
Looks like you have the toy dept. all set up. Haha. Nice cars and love the jeep.

Haha I wish I still had them all. My only current rides are the GT and the Jeep. It's still more than I should be spending probably. :banana:

sdg97232

Established Member
Welcome!! Nice rides you've had! That white hatch and 240 are clean as hell love-em! Im a big Nissan fan myself had a cammed 07 titan and a 08 350z I almost pulled the trigger on a rb26 swapped 01 240 but it had major electrical issues that scared me away. I took a ride in a buddies '10 modded gtr the other night and made me fall in love all over again!

You picked the best color on the new mustangs imo, I love the kona blue and im sure the new 5.0 will hold its own vs your previous turbo'ed imports :beer:

lawnmower22

Established Member
The GTR was on top of my list but my check book wasn't up to it unfortunately :)

Most of the cars I've owned have ended up turbo'd at one point or another so I think it's safe to assume the GT will get that treatment eventually. The simplicity of those supercharger kits is appealing though.

Users who are viewing this thread