New guy!

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
Hey guys. I just caught the Mod bug. I went for a ride in my buddies 479rwhp Cobra and now i want to mod the hell out of my 2004 Mustang Mach 1. I just need help figuring out what mods i want to do. So far i have Borla Stingers and a Bassani Catted X-pipe, C&L intake W/mass air flow sensor, MGW short shifter, Lowered 1.5" on Eibach Sport line springs. I'm also looking at getting 4:10 gears and a Intake spacer. So other than those two mods, please help me pick other great performance mods. Thanks guys! :banana:

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
depends on how much you have to spend and what direction your going. Hell here in the next week i will be ordering either some BBK or Mac LongTubes, with x-pipe and paying for the Roys Custom Intake Manifold, i had made! Then have the car dynotuned. Followed up a month or so later by a PmP Tranny, Alum D/S, and strange 31-spline axles!

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Welcome! Follow-up with some chassis upgrades. Subframe connectors and swaybars will help stiffen her up even more.

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
depends on how much you have to spend and what direction your going. Hell here in the next week i will be ordering either some BBK or Mac LongTubes, with x-pipe and paying for the Roys Custom Intake Manifold, i had made! Then have the car dynotuned. Followed up a month or so later by a PmP Tranny, Alum D/S, and strange 31-spline axles!

You know i was thinking of going with some headers but i was told its not worth the time and money on the Machs. But a custom intake manifold would be tight. where'd you get that done? How much? Oh and i have a Tune. Im hoping to be puttn down 330rwhp.

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
You know i was thinking of going with some headers but i was told its not worth the time and money on the Machs. But a custom intake manifold would be tight. where'd you get that done? How much? Oh and i have a Tune. Im hoping to be puttn down 330rwhp.

go to the mach1registry, there are a few members there that custom make them if you send them a stock intake manifold! also headers + the intake manifold + tune i will see a very nice gain! headers always help on any car!

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Hey guys. I just caught the Mod bug. I went for a ride in my buddies 479rwhp Cobra and now i want to mod the hell out of my 2004 Mustang Mach 1. I just need help figuring out what mods i want to do. So far i have Borla Stingers and a Bassani Catted X-pipe, C&L intake W/mass air flow sensor, MGW short shifter, Lowered 1.5" on Eibach Sport line springs. I'm also looking at getting 4:10 gears and a Intake spacer. So other than those two mods, please help me pick other great performance mods. Thanks guys! :banana:

Are you going to stay NA or are you going with FI? That will make a big difference in performance and budget.

If I were staying NA I'd look into the 5.8 forged modular stroker that MMR has available with some nasty cams and ported heads. :rockon: Should be good for 425+ RWHP

FI- I'd look into either an HP TT kit, a Hellion 76 single turbo kit, or the STS TT tuner kit....the thing about turbos that I like is you don't sacrifice fuel economy AND you make more HP and TRQ over a SC or nitrous.

Last edited:

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Are you going to stay NA or are you going with FI? That will make a big difference in performance and budget.

If I were staying NA I'd look into the 5.8 forged modular stroker that MMR has available with some nasty cams and ported heads. :rockon: Should be good for 425+ RWHP

FI- I'd look into either an HP TT kit, a Hellion 76 single turbo kit, or the STS TT tuner kit....the thing about turbos that I like is you don't sacrifice fuel economy AND you make more HP and TRQ over a SC or nitrous.

Two things I disagree with here ...I would not recommend an HP kit, and a twin-screw does not get any worse gas mileage than stock. My dad saw 25+mpg highway with his pullied Eaton; just stay out of boost :beer:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Two things I disagree with here ...I would not recommend an HP kit, and a twin-screw does not get any worse gas mileage than stock. My dad saw 25+mpg highway with his pullied Eaton; just stay out of boost :beer:

What's up with the HP? I have only seen one HP TT in person....the only thing I didn't like about it was it smoked a little on launch (blowback?) But I'd really like to hear about other negatives....I was actually considering buying it.

As far as fuel economy goes I was comparing a turbo to stock......not twin screw to stock. But wow 25 MPG on a pullied Cobra? That's amazing. The best I got in mine was about 14MPG. I have actually been talking to the boys at STS about their tuner kit. The claimed numbers for MPG was 40 highway on a c5 vette. I'm a little skeptical about that but Hellion also claims 27+ on their turbo 03 Cobra so maybe it's true. The thing that is kinda holding me back from the STS is the Mach is my DD and it rains here a lot- I'm not sure how the rear exhaust mounted turbo/intake will do in rainy weather. But the claimed numbers from their kits are VERY impressive.

Last edited:

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
I think what he means is that, HP does not have the greatest customer service. At least what i have read from others going through them. Also that sometimes it takes anywhere from 3-6 months just to get the whole kit from them.

Mach1man!

New York State of Mind
Established Member

I put BBK Longtube headers on my car pain in the ass but there well worth it u wont be dissapointed, especially if you plan on beefing that motor up!

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I think what he means is that, HP does not have the greatest customer service. At least what i have read from others going through them. Also that sometimes it takes anywhere from 3-6 months just to get the whole kit from them.

That makes a little more sense- I heard the same thing...but as far as the finished product goes most of what I've heard is pretty good.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
What's up with the HP? I have only seen one HP TT in person....the only thing I didn't like about it was it smoked a little on launch (blowback?) But I'd really like to hear about other negatives....I was actually considering buying it.

As far as fuel economy goes I was comparing a turbo to stock......not twin screw to stock. But wow 25 MPG on a pullied Cobra? That's amazing. The best I got in mine was about 14MPG. I have actually been talking to the boys at STS about their tuner kit. The claimed numbers for MPG was 40 highway on a c5 vette. I'm a little skeptical about that but Hellion also claims 27+ on their turbo 03 Cobra so maybe it's true. The thing that is kinda holding me back from the STS is the Mach is my DD and it rains here a lot- I'm not sure how the rear exhaust mounted turbo/intake will do in rainy weather. But the claimed numbers from their kits are VERY impressive.

If you can raise those turbos up as high as they can go and solve the drainback issues, by all means go for it. I love the fact that everything thinks I'm just a bolt-on Mach when they see the car. I took 2nd place at a carshow to a Vortech'd Mach on stock suspension because my turbos are hidden. I'm still working out the kinks, but this oil drainback and blowby were a PITA to get right.

And yes, 25+ mpg on a pullied Cobra. I have yet to get a good mpg reading on my car because I can't drive it normal :rockon:

Exactly.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
If you can raise those turbos up as high as they can go and solve the drainback issues, by all means go for it. I love the fact that everything thinks I'm just a bolt-on Mach when they see the car. I took 2nd place at a carshow to a Vortech'd Mach on stock suspension because my turbos are hidden. I'm still working out the kinks, but this oil drainback and blowby were a PITA to get right.

And yes, 25+ mpg on a pullied Cobra. I have yet to get a good mpg reading on my car because I can't drive it normal :rockon:

I can appreciate that, I drive my car fairly "normal" (under 2k rpm's and @ the speed limit) for a tank and got 28...then I drove a little more aggressively this last tank and got 25.4 (2500 rpms and 5 over). Certianly not going to give a Prius a run for it's money but pretty decent none the less.

If I keep the car I think I'm leaning pretty hard towards the STS TT kit. I've heard really good things about it.

Thanks for the info. :beer:

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
If I keep the car I think I'm leaning pretty hard towards the STS TT kit. I've heard really good things about it.

Yeah so have I, they sound wicked, as well. But like you said, the rain thing is a little uneasy. With the turbos getting hot, your car will look like its on fire at a stop light :lol:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Hellion T67 or a KB2.1

I love KB's but the Mach kit is crazy expensive. For the Money I'd go with the Hellion given the choice.

But here is my dilemma- I can either spend about 5k on an STS kit to include install and have 475+ RWHP Mach or sell the Mach, use the proceeds and spend an extra 6k and get a C5Z.....I test drove a 04 Z the other night and that thing was soooo NICE!!!

I love the blue oval but that Z is a incredible ride:rockon:

Last edited:

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
Hellion T67 or a KB2.1

Thats my plan down the road for the 2.1 Kenne Bell.

I love KB's but the Mach kit is crazy expensive. For the Money I'd go with the Hellion given the choice.

But here is my dilemma- I can either spend about 5k on an STS kit to include install and have 475+ RWHP Mach or sell the Mach and use spend an extra 6k and get a C5Z.....I test drove a 04 Z the other night and that thing was soooo NICE!!!

I love the blue oval but that Z is a incredible ride:rockon:

The Kenne bell kit is not all that expensive, and not as much as a TT set up. Plu syour comparing a rear mounted TT kit to a Normal TT kit against a KB set-up. The normal TT kit and the KB kit are going to run the same becuase you will see more power from them and have a better platform, vs the rear mounted set up which is pretty cheap to buy and install. Plus a Fi mach will rape a stock c5z06 anyday of the week!

Now a modded z06! :banana::rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread