New Hellion GT500 vid - 1,000 hp.

chuckstang

Established Member
I love all those comments on here

"It'll never last"

"boooom"

"just a matter of time"

Who cares, amazing numbers on a 100% stock motor with bolt on turbos!

Also, good tune and keep the rpms at 6k or less and i may last longer than you think and like someone else stated, the owner can turn it down or up at will!!!!

I'd turn it way down to 700hp for normal use and then turn it up for the track or in case one of you smack talking SVT members came along side me

hahaha

gota love it

BLUBLLS

its a 4.19" stroke.. what did you expect?

I was just saying that because almost all of the GT500 engines going "boom" have been because they raised the max rpms. So, as long as people keep the engines within the stock rev ranges the engines are pretty damn strong and the stock rods aren't the big time weak link that so many people claim them to be :shrug:

milleniumgt

Established Member
So let me get this right??? The car makes more with the sheetmetal intake and turbos @ 17 psi than it did with the blower/turbo compounded boost at the same psi??? If you can make more on just the turbos, then what's the point of doing that Hellraiser kit?

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
So let me get this right??? The car makes more with the sheetmetal intake and turbos @ 17 psi than it did with the blower/turbo compounded boost at the same psi??? If you can make more on just the turbos, then what's the point of doing that Hellraiser kit?

+1? Maybe for the insane torque curve I guess, thats the only reason I can think of.

TRBO VNM

search compound boost and you will have your answer. plenty of info on this site and many others. read up and learn. :beer:

Detroit_Doc

Established Member
I wonder why the bottem end is the weak link. Most factory turbo charged cars that are pushed to insane levels will go through pistons way before the bottom ends are of any concern. I'm not sure if that means the GT500 has crappy rods or better pistons.

Extreme281

Banned
I wonder why the bottem end is the weak link.* Most factory turbo charged cars that are pushed to insane levels will go through pistons way before the bottom ends are of any concern.* I'm not sure if that means the GT500 has crappy rods or better pistons.
Its a Long Forged crack cap style rod which is ummm ok within certain limits but not the best compared to H beam forged style Rod 1000hp to the wheels dam ,i garantee it will run the number with a good driver ,Thats a Z06/ZR1 killer* nice job Motiva and Hellion

Users who are viewing this thread