New here

[email protected]

Established Member
This is my second thread that should have been my first. I am a new owner of a 2004 mustang cobra, torch red. I had been shopping for about 5 year, seriously for the last year.
I will not mention the classified medium that I used, but I did not find it locally.

http://s264.photobucket.com/user/rhite12/media/2004 cobra 054.jpg.html?sort=3&o=8

It came nicely modified, the way I wanted it: It has a 2.3 generation 2 Whipple SC, Kooks longtube headers, JLT cold air kit, SCT big stuff mass air, metco double bearing idlers, optima battery, 60 lb. injectors, Kenne Bell boosta pump, SCT tuner, borla stinger catback, MGW shifter, HR lowering springs, drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads, Maximum motorsport caster camber plates with Steeda bump stops tinted headlights and tail lights.

I added already: Kooks catted X pipe, a SPEC dual clutch, and an AFCO heat exchanger w/dual fans.

http://s264.photobucket.com/user/rhite12/media/2004 cobra 027.jpg.html

http://s264.photobucket.com/user/rhite12/media/2004 cobra 079.jpg.html

I have been reading this site for about 3 years before joining. I hope I can provide info to someone as well.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Established Member
Thanks for the warm welcome

Thanks to everyone. It is true that I have been getting good advice from this site for a couple of years. I never posted my 2002 true blue gt. I wanted the cobra, lol. The whipple whines, but hard to get past the Kooks LTH,LOL. When I get it dyno'd I will see what psi it's really pushing. It pings the factory gauge for sure. Seller sd it was tested at 647hp but he had no printout. If its close, and it should be, that will be fine for me. Car gets a lot of attention. Anybody know where to get some Mickey Thompsons cheap? LOL.

OG

va boy

Established Member
Welcome and congrats on your new Cobra. To speak to your Mickey Thompson tires for cheap question, unless you find a pair in the market section, they are pretty much priced the same within a few bucks of each other with the major carriers we all order from. Discount Tire Direct, and The Tire Rack both get a lot of business from this site. You're right about the Mickey's, with that Whipple, you're gonna need em. Hope you're enjoying the car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You certainly did find a very nice '04 Cobra. Can't go wrong with Torch Red. Worked out nicely for you that it came with pretty much all the mods you'd want. I'll bet the sound pumped through the Kooks LTs is pure music to your ears. I hope you get years of enjoyment from it. :rockon:

CobraLucci

LEO
Established Member
Nice buy! Great looking car. As far as uploading photos, i found it easier to download tapatalk and use this forum thru them. So if you upload a photo, it uploads it straight from your phone to the post.

Users who are viewing this thread