new here..

coyotestang

Established Member
i just switched from a h/c 04 gto to the new 2012 mustang gt... im about to do some bolt ons and was wondering which ones to go with ive heard the boss 302 intake kills torque on the lower rpms? im probably gonna go x pipe(catless)steeda cai, and slp axle back.. what kind of gains do these new mustangs get with headers? oh ya i been pondering on the 3.73 gear mine has the 3.31..

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
Congrats on your new car and welcome to Svtp! Most of the questions you are going to have have probably already been answered. The search button on this forum is a life saver. Its helped me a lot. Full bolts ons with a tune usually puts you around 420hp give or take a few. Sounds like your on the right mod path already.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
i just switched from a h/c 04 gto to the new 2012 mustang gt... im about to do some bolt ons and was wondering which ones to go with ive heard the boss 302 intake kills torque on the lower rpms? im probably gonna go x pipe(catless)steeda cai, and slp axle back.. what kind of gains do these new mustangs get with headers? oh ya i been pondering on the 3.73 gear mine has the 3.31..

Headers
catted shorty X
axleback
CAI/tune
lowering springs
lower rear control arms
stickier tires.

you'll have a stout car and i would keep the 3.31 rear gear. Lots of guys like them

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
just make it small enough and put it on photobucket and use the link from photobucket in your sig. welcome to the forum.

since you cant PM yet what is the normal power for a h/c/supporting mods 6.0 GT0? there is one where i work and i wanna run him just to see what happens.

Last edited:

coyotestang

Established Member
just make it small enough and put it on photobucket and use the link from photobucket in your sig. welcome to the forum.

since you cant PM yet what is the normal power for a h/c/supporting mods 6.0 GT0? there is one where i work and i wanna run him just to see what happens.

mine was an ls1 h/c full bolt on and made 389 rwhp and 374tq on an auto trans.. so id say with an ls2 depends on how big the cam is mine was 224/224 588 lift kinda small. id say around 420-460ish.

atistang

Established Member
as for the boss 302 intake, you do sacrifice a lot of low end power for minimal high rpm power

i've seen a lot of guys go back to stock from the boss

if you only drag raced and had 3:73 - 4:10 gears then its probably worth it, other wise there are better places to spend your money

coyotestang

Established Member
as for the boss 302 intake, you do sacrifice a lot of low end power for minimal high rpm power

i've seen a lot of guys go back to stock from the boss

if you only drag raced and had 3:73 - 4:10 gears then its probably worth it, other wise there are better places to spend your money

thinking about going with long tubes and keeping the 3.31 and the stock intake manifold. but havent seen any videos on you tube with dyno numbers with headers like some kooks or stainless works ect

Users who are viewing this thread