New HIDs from DDmtuning

cinch1985

Established Member
i have the same setup and my wires were a different color than the other thread too. i went ahead and switched them and now i have hi and lo beams that work great.

2003SILVERGT

Established Member
Not to thread jack, but to help out a little...

IMAG0063.jpg

IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0067.jpg

IMAG0069.jpg

Ukfox89

Established Member
so your highs look brighter than your lows? i switched my wires too, i think one of mine was red rather than blue. but when i swtich from lows to highs, my highs suck. they are no where near as full looking and are just plain crap. you didnt adjust your levels or anything? becaus eif my lows are my highs, then theres no way they see far enough.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
So are these the hids everyone here goes with? Ive used reto solutions hid kits in my past two rids and had they were great! Had an issue with my last kit and they totally fixed everything, lifetime warranty with those as well. There just alittle more expensive than the DDM kits. So is it $128 for both mains & fogs or $128 per kit

2003SILVERGT

Established Member
QTY Item Information Item Number Price
Pair of Mounting brackets for Raptor Ballasts
HID-Bracket-FullSized $4.00
Pair of Mounting brackets for Raptor Ballasts
HID-Bracket-FullSized $4.00
Raptor HID Kit, 35W, 9007, 6000K
Bulb Color: 6000K
Bulb Type: 9007/HB5
Wattage: 35W
RAP35W.9007.6000K $35.00
Raptor HID Kit, 35W, H10, 6000K
Bulb Type: H10/9145/9140
Wattage: 35W
Bulb Color: 6000K
RAP35W.H10.6000K $35.00

Subtotal: $78.00
Shipping: $20.73
Sales Tax: $0.00

Total: $98.73

Ukfox89

Established Member
the raptor kit is different to the slim ballast kit. they are $45 for the kit, but you have to pay $20 extra to get the new high/low in one bulb, and when you select that buld it automatically gives you the relay for th ehigh and lows. so $65 for the high/low head lights, which comes with all wiring, ballasts, and bulbs, and then $45 for the H10 foglights, which you dont need any other wiring except for the stuff that comes with the kit. so $45 gets you the bulbs, ballasts, and thats all you need. i bought some double sided tape, and then start sticking and plug and play. shipping was like $18.

2003SILVERGT

Established Member
the raptor kit is different to the slim ballast kit. they are $45 for the kit, but you have to pay $20 extra to get the new high/low in one bulb, and when you select that buld it automatically gives you the relay for th ehigh and lows. so $65 for the high/low head lights, which comes with all wiring, ballasts, and bulbs, and then $45 for the H10 foglights, which you dont need any other wiring except for the stuff that comes with the kit. so $45 gets you the bulbs, ballasts, and thats all you need. i bought some double sided tape, and then start sticking and plug and play. shipping was like $18.

Yeah... Just wait until the double sided tape wears off and drags down the highway (happened to both of my fog light ballists... That is the reason I got the mounting brackets.

Wildman113

Established Member
Nice work, I'm just not a fan of HID's in stock halogen housings. They are great for the driver, but for everyone else all they see if two glowing fireballs of light blinding them as you come in the other direction. There is just way too much light output to be able to be focused by the stock housings.

When I installed HIDs on my other car, I bought aftermarket projector housings for this reason, and it focused the light perfectly, plus it looks much cleaner. Unfortunately I have never seen an aftermarket projector headlight for the 99-04 Mustangs that looks even half decent, so that doesn't leave us with many options.

Nice work, I'm just not a fan of HID's in stock halogen housings. They are great for the driver, but for everyone else all they see if two glowing fireballs of light blinding them as you come in the other direction. There is just way too much light output to be able to be focused by the stock housings.

When I installed HIDs on my other car, I bought aftermarket projector housings for this reason, and it focused the light perfectly, plus it looks much cleaner. Unfortunately I have never seen an aftermarket projector headlight for the 99-04 Mustangs that looks even half decent, so that doesn't leave us with many options.

It simply isn't true that people get blinded by an HID equipped mustang, using the stock housings, coming from the other direction. I've come across other mustangs with HIDs in the opposite direction and your claim is greatly exaggerated. As for me, putting HIDs in is probably one of the best mods I've done. And there are plenty of lanes available for other drivers to change to when you're driving. Its not as bad as HID critics have made it out to be.

Wildman113

Established Member
It simply isn't true that people get blinded by an HID equipped mustang, using the stock housings, coming from the other direction. I've come across other mustangs with HIDs in the opposite direction and your claim is greatly exaggerated. As for me, putting HIDs in is probably one of the best mods I've done. And there are plenty of lanes available for other drivers to change to when you're driving. Its not as bad as HID critics have made it out to be.

I'm not an "HID critic". As I said, my other car has a 55W kit from DDM tuning, and they are great with the aftermarket housings.

But when someone is coming in the opposite direction on a 2 lane road, they are going to be at least somewhat blinded by HIDs in the stock housings of any car, Mustang or not. The light just goes everywhere, it has no projector to focus the beam on the road, and HIDs produce a serious amount of lumens.

Ukfox89

Established Member
yer the 55 watt kit is much brighter than the 35 watt kit. mine are not blinding from the oncoming traffic point of view. i have had friends drive past me and i have stood in fron tof the car and its not bad. if douches in lifted trucks can have their bright lights then why cant i. and i dont think there is too much scatter, the light is very defined in where it goes, it looks fine.

westray

0563 SVT
Established Member
Looks like my next mod......Thats a really good price for the everything you need.

I did my Lightning a little over a year ago and it was so nice to be able to see at night.

03auto

Established Member
[then pick your bulb you want, so 9004 (hi/low) for your headlights, it will charge you $20 extra but you get everything you need. dont need any of the other options like the harnesses or eliminators. and then select a second set H10 bulb type. i did 6000k as my temp of bulb, looks good and 35w. was $128 shipped i believe. you may get some extra bulbs too because they are cheap and you won thave to pay for shipping twice.[/QUOTE]

Is it the 9004 bulb we use or the 9007. Does the second set of bulbs(H10) need thier on ballest or do they use the ones from the headlight?

SVTbrandon

Established Member
i have the ddm slim ballast hi/low 6000k. and they shake at high speed and when goin over bumps. anyone had any problems like this?

Users who are viewing this thread