New HIDs from DDmtuning

Jefe

Established Member
Find a thicker rubber/plastic o ring to seal the bulb to the housing better

03auto

Established Member
Is the 9004 and 9007 the same bulb? If you only get low beam HIDS, will the high beams still work.

perry2k12

Established Member
Not to hijack, but just got my DDMtuning kit installed as well. These kits are very very nice. I got the 55watt 5000k headlights (yes I wanted white) and 35watt 6000k foglights. Sorry about the Iphone pictures!

c76d6125.jpg

5371f0bb.jpg

f0e47b32.jpg

6b1fb7f7.jpg

Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
How long did it take you to get your kit? Its been about a week waiting on mine so far. I can't wait!

Looks liek the 35 watt k are brighter than the 55watt 5k to me

Ukfox89

Established Member
It depends if it is a Hi/Lo kit. There are 2 different ones. One with lows only (cheaper), and one with hi/lo but I think it requires rewiring.

doesnt require rewiring, when you order the Hi/low kit they supply you with a relay and harness that is plug and play.

Ukfox89

Established Member
took me a while to get mine, may a week and a half. just got my new ballast and all is good now. except i still have issues with my highs. for some reason my lows are good, but the highs suck. it says no adjustment is required and i havent adjusted anything. the lows fill really nice, but when i switch to highs, they just look empty and dull. how did you wire your plug in for the relay kit? thanks ben

perry2k12

Established Member
I had the hi/low kit on my last car and it sucked as well. The lows were fine, and the brights didn't really make the light output any greater... it just kind of scattered the light differently. So I opted to not get the hi/lows for this car.

It took me like 3 weeks to get mine and my tracking info showed that it was coming directly from China. That was very irritating.

2003SILVERGT

Established Member
How long did it take you to get your kit? Its been about a week waiting on mine so far. I can't wait!

Looks liek the 35 watt k are brighter than the 55watt 5k to me

The shit actually comes from China... Something about Customs. I called DDM and said that there must be a misunderstanding and he explained why they came from China.

Ukfox89

Established Member
Yer but at least your phone call isn't out sourced and you speak to someone that has no idea what your saying. My packing label was in Chinese lol. Couldn't read any of it. But as long as they work and they take care of it I don't care.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Got mine in finally, somewhat dissapointed. Mine didnt come with instructions of any kind. Just parts in a box. Now I have installed hids before so I pretty much know what to do but I would still like to have them to make sure im not missing anything. I have one blue connector that plugs into the oem headlight plug but it didnt come pre-pinned like shown in the OP's pic so thats something I have to figure out. Maybe mine just came a little messed up. If someone has the instruction scan you please post pics of it for me

3Stang

YMR# 9631
Established Member
I put these on my 02 gt. Very nice. When I got the cobra I moved the fogs to the cobra. Headlights are actually on the way as of now. I ordered about 8 days ago. Does the high low harness plug into the battery? I didnt get the dual in out because I figured the high/low would have that as part of it. Thats what the guy on the phone said. I hope that he understood me. Can you clear this up for me? Like does it have a positive, 2 grounds, and 2 9007 connectors but you only have to plug one of your car's 9007s into it?

Ukfox89

Established Member
Got mine in finally, somewhat dissapointed. Mine didnt come with instructions of any kind. Just parts in a box. Now I have installed hids before so I pretty much know what to do but I would still like to have them to make sure im not missing anything. I have one blue connector that plugs into the oem headlight plug but it didnt come pre-pinned like shown in the OP's pic so thats something I have to figure out. Maybe mine just came a little messed up. If someone has the instruction scan you please post pics of it for me

theres instructions on their website. just go to instructions and go to your bulb number. they have pretty good instructions there. and i switched the wires around form how they had it.

Ukfox89

Established Member
I put these on my 02 gt. Very nice. When I got the cobra I moved the fogs to the cobra. Headlights are actually on the way as of now. I ordered about 8 days ago. Does the high low harness plug into the battery? I didnt get the dual in out because I figured the high/low would have that as part of it. Thats what the guy on the phone said. I hope that he understood me. Can you clear this up for me? Like does it have a positive, 2 grounds, and 2 9007 connectors but you only have to plug one of your car's 9007s into it?

you get a relay kit that hooks to the battery. each ballast has its own ground, and the relay kit plugs into your factory harness using only one of the factory connectors, the passenger side you just leave hanging. then you plug the relay kit into each ballast and then plug the head light to the ballast. the instructions online on their website show how to do it.

3Stang

YMR# 9631
Established Member
you get a relay kit that hooks to the battery. each ballast has its own ground, and the relay kit plugs into your factory harness using only one of the factory connectors, the passenger side you just leave hanging. then you plug the relay kit into each ballast and then plug the head light to the ballast. the instructions online on their website show how to do it.

Ok. That's exactly what I wanted to know! Thank you very much!

Users who are viewing this thread