New in NC, 03 10th Anniversary Owner

SVTCobraJon

Established Member
Whats up everyone. I live in Charlotte. I've got a silver 10th anniversary convertible which i've had for 2 years. It's my daily driver so it isn't perfect. 58k miles and still cleans up nice. Not too many mods but there's always more I would like to do but having a six month old daughter changes where the $$ goes.

It's got a JLT cold air kit, Accufab TB, FLSC, Steeda Stop the hop kit (which hasn't stopped the hop), and tuned by Pro-Dyno (455hp, 425tq). No pulley yet and it isn't lowered- I know how much better they look lowered but daily driving a lowered Cobra is too much of a PITA. Here's some pics.

IMG_4136.jpg

IMG_4133.jpg

IMG_3808.jpg

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Welcome and nice cobra. Another fellow North Carolinian. :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome to SVTP. Nice Cobra you have there. I see you have a tune but are using the stock pulley. Is that 450hp number uncorrected? You definitely should consider going with at least a 2.90/2.93 upper with a new tune. The cost should be under $1,000. for the pulley, idlers (for better belt wrap) and re-tune. But it's totally understandable that family comes first. That's the way it should be. When you DO go with a smaller pulley, the difference in power and torque will make it feel like a brand new car. My old '03 DSG Cobra with a 2.90 upper make 457rwhp and 480rwtq. The big increase in torque can REALLY be felt. Best of luck with your Cobra. You obviously take good care of it. :)

Last edited:

SVTCobraJon

Established Member
Thanks everyone. I will certainly end up adding a pulley to the car at some point but I doubt it will be until next year. I try to keep it clean but, it gets driven at least 30 miles every weekday. At this point, i'm happy with the numbers and even more happy that I have the car in the first place! I don't believe the numbers are corrected.

graph_w.jpg

LSWON

The Slow Vert
Established Member
I defiantly envy the numbers u guys make with just bolt-ons, but I've got a few advantages with my car, so it all evens out in the end I guess! I do like the ride, being a silver vert with black top myself!!

Users who are viewing this thread