New info at Detroit auto show/NAIAS?

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
That's the good stuff.

I'm surprised that the MagRide setup was retained instead of going with a DSSV. Maybe that's not confirmed yet. Carbon fiber wheels though!

Last edited:

hognutz

Established Member
the 350r looks bas ass an all but I was really hoping for more info on the gt350 like some actual numbers on weight and hp. I mean 130lbs lighter than the GT350 is awesome but would be even more awesome if I knew how much the GT350 weighed ha ha.

I really need a back seat so the GT350 will most likely be where it is at for me.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
That is the new ford GT. 600+hp ecoboost 3.5l tt. I wonder if it will have a bigger fuel system that will work in the other 3.5l cars/trucks..

Where is the GT350R???

Looks like the GT runs both direct injection and traditional port injection. Seems like the intake manifold and port injection set up could be used on the other 3.5 ecoboosts, but you would still be left out of being able to tune it with the ecu. Imho bad news for that camp. I still want this motor to end up in a mustang. That would be awesome .

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Not crazy about the styling of the wing but function over form. I am still curious to see how carbon fiber wheels hold up to street driving. A light curbing could destroy these wheels. I still think I'm gonna stick with the GT350 base, but I want that rear sear delete!

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Looks like the magride is optional on the base gt350 too.

I saw that! That's great news for the guys who want to do their own coil over setups. They really seem to be giving buyers plenty of options depending on their performance modification goals.

The Z/28, for example, gives you no option but the AC and stereo. You can get the 1LE for more DD options, but it doesn't have the LS7, DSSV, CC brakes, or the lightweight parts. Between the options packages and the 350 and 350R, you'll be able to get the same power plant, with or without CC front brakes, AC and stereo, MagRide, a back seat, CF wheels, track pack coolers, navigation and Sync3, bimodal exhaust, and leather heated and cooled seats. That seems like a lot more flexibility than Chevy is offering.

I'd take a 350R with tech pack. I could live without the stereo, but there's no way I'd ever own a car without AC in Texas. I'd only be able to drive it for three months a year.

Last edited:

Lemers

Established Member
I love both cars (I will try for the GT350, my Household CFO has demanded backseats)

My only questional desidsions are
1. Why settle for painting the roof? Why not option in CF roof for more weight savings?

2. Why not have on Boss LS style cross bar in the rear seat area? The LS really made that rear area look complete.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
The cross bar wasn't needed because of the new chassis' stiffness according to Pericak, although I agree that it looked very nice compared to just a seat delete.

According to the order guide, it looks like you can get a base model 350 without MagRide.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
The cross bar wasn't needed because of the new chassis' stiffness according to Pericak, although I agree that it looked very nice compared to just a seat delete.

According to the order guide, it looks like you can get a base model 350 without MagRide.

I wonder if non magneride cars will have the normal PP suspension...

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I love both cars (I will try for the GT350, my Household CFO has demanded backseats)

My only questional desidsions are
1. Why settle for painting the roof? Why not option in CF roof for more weight savings?

2. Why not have on Boss LS style cross bar in the rear seat area? The LS really made that rear area look complete.

That crossbar serves zero purpose other than being something neat to look at. I think about taking it out of my car all the time just for that little extra weight reduction.

Users who are viewing this thread