New job as sales at AutoNation Ford in Katy,Tx

jdcobra

Established Member
Hey guys I just got a new job as a salesman at AutoNation ford out in Katy, Tx. I start next week and will be doing training but if you guys would like a good deal on a new S550 or other vehicle, come in and see me. I'll do the best I can with no BS

jdcobra

Established Member
Gratz :) You are about 6 months too late for me but my lady does want a Focus RS soon so that might be nice :)

Just come in and ask for Joshua Dixon and I'll be more than happy to help ya out man! :beer:

Rct851

Established Member
Do you have any base, manual, PP. Cars on the lot? Any color besides yellow or ruby red?

jdcobra

Established Member
Do you have any base, manual, PP. Cars on the lot? Any color besides yellow or ruby red?

No base on the lot as of today. Let me call my boss and see when the next shipment is coming in. You just want plain base?

jdcobra

Established Member
Get your experience and get away from Autonation. They are the ebola of car dealerships.

Really? I got my car for a good deal and they gave me a great deal on the trade in. Just temporary until I'm done with school.

Zemedici

Established Member
Really? I got my car for a good deal and they gave me a great deal on the trade in. Just temporary until I'm done with school.

After 3 years with an Autonation dealership, and now a year away from one, I hate the company.

My brother works for them currently, he's not a fan either.

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
I bought my Focus ST from them a year ago....had a great experience there in Katy!!
Maybe they are just bad to their own employees?

I may be looking for an EB Base PP/Recaro/MT in a couple months.....

jdcobra

Established Member
Just let me know man!! I'd be more than happy to help! Some may say that I'm trying to get commission off y'all and yea I will but it's more then that. I don't want you guys to have to come in and deal with some jerk off who's gonna try to pull a fast one over you. I am just gonna try to get y'all the best deal I can and get ya out of there ASAP.

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Dont worry about working for a crap chain if its short term. Remember everything you learn falls into two categories. How to do it right and how NOT to do it. Both are valuable experience.

jdcobra

Established Member
Dont worry about working for a crap chain if its short term. Remember everything you learn falls into two categories. How to do it right and how NOT to do it. Both are valuable experience.

:beer: agreed! The manager of sales is going to be training me so I'm not too worried. It's crap hours but if I work hard I should be making pretty good money and finish my degree online simultaneously. In actuality I only have three bills, car note, insurance, and cell. That's $1200 a month total which isn't bad

dino lord

itching to build...
Established Member
Get your experience and get away from Autonation. They are the ebola of car dealerships.
Friend of mine has been with them a few years. His thoughts are although it does have the corporate feel of being just a number at times, the pay is in line, and the rest of the job is no different than any other dealershit job.
Very true. Some of the jobs I learned the most from were the shitty ones.

OP: just enjoy it as much as you can. We just bought a Flex from there a month or 2 ago. Happy with the dealing.

01GTB

Established Member
I tried to buy a 13 from them two years ago. Salesman answered my emails initially, but when it came down to giving me a summary of any additional fees and how the out-of-state collection of taxes would be handled, he pretty much disappeared on me. Ended up buying one from Mac Haik in Desoto. I sent my friend to get his as Haik in Houston. And his coworker went and got his truck from them. That's three buyers from Florida. I guess what I'm saying is that you will probably be dealing with some internet tire kickers. But realize when your dealership advertises lower prices on vehicles, you will be dealing with out-of-state buyers. Don't leave them hanging. Answer the simple questions.

jdcobra

Established Member
I tried to buy a 13 from them two years ago. Salesman answered my emails initially, but when it came down to giving me a summary of any additional fees and how the out-of-state collection of taxes would be handled, he pretty much disappeared on me. Ended up buying one from Mac Haik in Desoto. I sent my friend to get his as Haik in Houston. And his coworker went and got his truck from them. That's three buyers from Florida. I guess what I'm saying is that you will probably be dealing with some internet tire kickers. But realize when your dealership advertises lower prices on vehicles, you will be dealing with out-of-state buyers. Don't leave them hanging. Answer the simple questions.

I used to work as a service advisor so customer service is my #1 goal initially. I have had bad buying experiences in the past and I use those to make my self better by not doing the things I've encountered. Yes, it's about making money but it's also about giving great customers service. A lot of people will pile too much on their plate to give the best customer service. One thing I learned is to never bite off more than I can chew.

jdcobra

Established Member
You have the right attitude. Best of luck with the job and get that degree.

Thanks man! I definitely will! I only have w few classes to go so hopefully in a year or so I can start my new career as a pipe drafter.

Users who are viewing this thread