New Lightning Heat Exchanger

mavado007

Established Member
Hey guys... I took off my H.E. to have it stenciled with the Lightning Logo. I got back from LFP this afternoon and took some pics. The bend in the middle is from when I got side-swiped at a red light....:cuss:!!! Thank goodness the H.E. held up.
Anyway, Enjoy.
l1.jpg
l2.jpg

l3.jpg

mavado007

Established Member
Big Man said:
Looks nice, how much did you pay for that H.E.?

I bought it when they first came out for $429.00, but there on sale right now for like $379.00 or something with free stenciling until January. Jay, in the shop, did me a favor and stenciled it for me.

Last edited:

4Lance

Svt Nut
Established Member
ya i'd like to see some pics installed also....i'm thinking of getting one but is it really worth it? can you tell a dif?

mavado007

Established Member
Bottom line.... when you run a supercharged vehicle you make heat, when you add a pulley you make more heat. Heat exchangers are designed to lower the intake charge temperatures. A bigger more effecient Heat Exchanger will reduce those charge temps. The larger heat exchanger increases more fluid capacity and cooling capacity.

Is it worth it? I'm down in Texas our summers are hot as hell, I have seen a huge difference, daily driving my truck reacts like it's springtime.

Truck is still in the Body Shop getting repaired, remember I was side swiped? I went to the Shop and took the Heat Exchanger off to have it stenciled @ LFP. Still playing hardball with the insurance company.

Users who are viewing this thread