(NEW) Lithium Ion Battery Replacement for our SVT Shelby GT500'S

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member

Antigravity H5/Group-47 Lithium Car Battery​

• H5/Group 47 OEM Automotive Case size (directly replace stock battery).
  • LxWxH: 9.5 x 7 x 7.5 inches.
  • Amp Hour Options: 24 Ah, 30 Ah, or 40 Ah.
  • High Power: 24Ah=1000CA, 30Ah=1200CA, 40Ah=1500 Cranking Amps.
  • Exclusive RE-START Technology: Wireless Jump-Starting built-in; just press the button on your Keyfob remote.
  • Complete Battery Management System built-in.
  • Ultra Lightweight: Drop up to 40 lbs instantly! 70% lighter than lead.
  • Safest Battery Technology using full BMS and Lifepo4 Lithium chemistry

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's an impressive lithium car better. Not cheap (40 amp hr. is $829.99), but those specs are, again, impressive. 8-10 years expected life is great.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
That's an impressive lithium car better. Not cheap (40 amp hr. is $829.99), but those specs are, again, impressive. 8-10 years expected life is great.
@CobraBob You can get them 100.00 cheaper off the internet at various parties. This is (NEW) technolgy so the prices will drop in time if you can be patient. Knocking 25-15 lbs. from your front end is impressive for most S197 2007-14 shelbys, not to mention cranking amps and being able to use your existing 12v alternator charging system to charge this new lithium battery. The BMC technolgy in the battery is very impressive at keeping the battery and your car safe. Its a absolute must if you choose this route.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks Vinnie. It definitely is new technology, and it blows me away. The fact that with the Re-Start technology for wireless jump starting (by just pressing a key fob) is mindboggling.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
@CobraBob You can get them 100.00 cheaper off the internet at various parties. This is (NEW) technolgy so the prices will drop in time if you can be patient. Knocking 25-15 lbs. from your front end is impressive for most S197 2007-14 shelbys, not to mention cranking amps and being able to use your existing 12v alternator charging system to charge this new lithium battery. The BMC technolgy in the battery is very impressive at keeping the battery and your car safe. Its a absolute must if you choose this route.
I’ll be looking at this closely as I’m due for a battery soon, maybe spring.
-J

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Jeez, $800. That is a lot of coin for weight reduction.
You can get 40 AH 100 bucks cheaper right now. If you can be patient they will be cheaper. As you increase in AH it gets more expensive. 30 AH will work in most stock S197 applications and are alot more cheaper than a 40 AH. These batteries put out a ton of CA. Stock motorcraft lead battery only puts out 580 CCA weigh 31 pounds. As far as weight reduction/distribution 15-19 pounds off the front end of a s197 makes a difference.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
You can get 40 AH 100 bucks cheaper right now. If you can be patient they will be cheaper. As you increase in AH it gets more expensive. 30 AH will work in most stock S197 applications and are alot more cheaper than a 40 AH. These batteries put out a ton of CA. Stock motorcraft lead battery only puts out 580 CCA weigh 31 pounds. As far as weight reduction/distribution 15-19 pounds off the front end of a s197 makes a difference.
I may consider getting one for my little shut box Toyota, so I could probably get away with 40 AH and relocating it to the trunk.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I may consider getting one for my little shut box Toyota, so I could probably get away with 40 AH and relocating it to the trunk.
No issues running this battery to the truck! Only thing that needs attention is a secure mount and correct cables for power. Good luck!

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Hearing feedback from you will be awesome. I hope you find it as extraordinary as the video says.
Me too @CobraBob! I'm usually alittle more cautious about new tech but this is exactly what I'm looking for and fits my exact needs. I'm gonna Go4it!

Poisonous West

Established Member
I'm going to install one this spring. I'll provide feedback.
If I remember correctly, I read a post in this GT500 Forum regarding to the AntiGravity battery WITH the Re-start technology. The guy stated he tried the Antigravity lightweight battery with the Re-start but did NOT work out a few months later.

The Re-start technology would NOT work on the S197 Mustang but ONLY on the S550 Mustang.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
If I remember correctly, I read a post in this GT500 Forum regarding to the AntiGravity battery WITH the Re-start technology. The guy stated he tried the Antigravity lightweight battery with the Re-start but did NOT work out a few months later.

The Re-start technology would NOT work on the S197 Mustang but ONLY on the S550 Mustang.
Antigravity lightweight Re-start technology for S197 has nothing to do with the ignition system of the S197. RE-START TECHNOLOGY: The RE-START Battery has self-restarting capabilities. It intelligently monitors its status and if it senses over-discharge it will put itself into a sleep mode, yet saves enough energy to allow you to RE-START your vehicle. Found this on the site and explains restart technology. When I get mine this spring/summer I'll post updates on its performance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread