New Mach owner here

ez2cyi1

Established Member
Hey everybody. Been on the site for a while now, was always just window shopping but a few days ago I got a black 2003 Mach 1. K&N drop in filter, King Cobra clutch and a Steeda clutch cable. Car has a lot of miles (previous owner goes to college in another city and commutes daily) but the price certainly reflects that. Front bumper needs repainted and the car needs an alignment but beyond that I'm really happy with it.

It's my first entrance into the Mustang world, I also have a 1999 Camaro Z28 that's been my daily driver the last couple years, and I'm a moderator on LS1tech. I also have a '92 Lexus SC300 with a single turbo 2JZ, so I enjoy a bit of everything.

Everybody knows what a stock black Mach looks like but here's a shot.

2c3591dd.jpg

EVO-lution

Established Member
welcome to the Mach 1 clan. Let the Modding begin :rockon:

And post some pics of the 2JZ SC. I love supra motors, no matter what they're in :thumbsup:

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
Welcome! Check out mach1registry.com also if you haven't already.

You sound like you know your way around, but here's my impression of the general consensus on mods in order of cost/impact on these cars (I've personally done the first three):

- intake
- catback and midpipe
- intake spacer
- 4.10 or higher gears if 5spd, the 32v likes to wind up :burnout:
- long tubes
- custom tune

ez2cyi1

Established Member
Thanks guys. I can certainly understand people saying that these cars desperately need gears. 4.10's or 4.30's sound like the ticket. I found a local black 01 Cobra bumper that I'll hopefully pick up by the end of the week, the paint on my stocker is pretty bad (only glaring blemish on the car).

Users who are viewing this thread