New Mach1 or Bullitt?

Branhammer

Established Member
The '01 could have been better, but they had zero budget. It wasn't even really an official project until someone put out a drawing at an auto show or something and was a big hit. Biggest thing that irks me is the fake hood scoop.

What irked me is that they thought we were all going to jizz our pants over a 5 hp increase. Why bother?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
What irked me is that they thought we were all going to jizz our pants over a 5 hp increase. Why bother?

That was just peak hp/tq. There was a gain across the whole rpm range. Factory under drive pulleys, better intake manifold, better throttle body, cai, exhaust, suspension, and brakes all added up to a much better real world gain than the paper showed. A stock GT had its hands full and while it wasn't a huge difference, the GT driver had a disadvantage that was difficult to make up. Especially if you threw in a couple corners. There were actually a ton of subtle tweaks to the car that i'm surprised only added up to a $3k premium.

281CJ

Established Member
That was just peak hp/tq. There was a gain across the whole rpm range. Factory under drive pulleys, better intake manifold, better throttle body, cai, exhaust, suspension, and brakes all added up to a much better real world gain than the paper showed. A stock GT had its hands full and while it wasn't a huge difference, the GT driver had a disadvantage that was difficult to make up. Especially if you threw in a couple corners. There were actually a ton of subtle tweaks to the car that i'm surprised only added up to a $3k premium.
Do you happen to know where there is a GT and Bullitt dyno side by side? I've often wanted to see that.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Do you happen to know where there is a GT and Bullitt dyno side by side? I've often wanted to see that.

You know, i'm not sure I ever saw a good one. What is out there is usually different dynos on different days. Power outputs are definitely close enough where weather and dyno variations can completely change the comparison. Real world driving and handling is definitely improved on the bullitt. Obviously nothing like the mach 1 or cobras, but its there.

I may have to search for one now.

92LX302

Established Member
When I was shopping for a New Edge, I was surprised by the prices of the Bullitts. I picked up a 99 Cobra for much cheaper than Bullitts with similar mileage/condition were going for. While the 99 Cobra isn't anything special, it had the 4V and the IRS...

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Maybe inside?

Because I don't see any
546b5e0626ab3_-_2008-ford-mustang-bullitt-1-lg.jpg

2008%2BMustang%2BBullitt%2B-%2B1.JPG

In one of my earlier posts I had said it was on the steering wheel and gauges, which is more in your face, but I think it might just be the steering wheel.

I believe the sill plates and strut tower brace had bullitt on them, but the '01 had the sill plates and a sticker on the strut tower too.

Dusten

Established Member
In one of my earlier posts I had said it was on the steering wheel and gauges, which is more in your face, but I think it might just be the steering wheel.

I believe the sill plates and strut tower brace had bullitt on them, but the '01 had the sill plates and a sticker on the strut tower too.
Ya, I read those after I posted. Hence my edited post.

Users who are viewing this thread