New Market Rules

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
1) This section is for posting your own items. Third party sales, such as “I’m posting for a friend”, or “look what I found on eBay” are not allowed.
2) Prices are mandatory.
3) No “testing the waters”. You are either selling your item or you’re not.
4) No cross posting. Posting your item in multiple sections will result in ALL your threads for that item being removed.
5) External links such as, Ebay, Auto Trader, Craigslist, etc will be allowed at the bottom of your thread as long as you meet all the other requirements.
6) Photos of the item are required.
7) At least one photo must include your username and date, handwritten, on a piece of paper or index card with one of your items.
8) Comments about the price or condition of an item are prohibited so long as that information has been disclosed by the seller. Express your concerns privately if you think the price is too high.

Failure to follow any of the above rules will result in the immediate removal of your thread. If your thread is removed, there will be no notification or explanation sent. You may re-post the item, providing your new thread conforms to the rules stated above, however failure to re-post in accordance of the rules may result in a suspension or removal of your Market privileges. All other SVTPerformance Forum Rules still apply.
This is not a rule, simply advice as scammers have been searching lately.
It is strongly advised to not buy from someone through PM only. If they respond to a WTB add then make them do so publicly.
It is also strongly advised to not post your number in a WTB thread where someone who is not a member can contact you on the side.
You are opening yourself up for scammers.

49NorthVert

Established Member
Could someone kindly provide the protocol on posting a picture so I can comply with rules or moderator feel free to terminate this thread. I am unclear on how to post. Thx 49notthvert

ldc1955

Established Member
In the next update to these rules, could we consider requiring the two letter postal abbreviation for the seller's state to be included in the subject header? This would make location visible without having to open each posting and save a fair amount of time for those of us who may be focused on shopping close to home or at least not across the country. I have seen this as a requirement on other forums and think it is reasonable to ask of those posting and almost always is helpful for those who shop the forums. --Leigh

Greasy7stang

Established Member
Can someone send me a tutorial direct link on how to post pictures
I opened a image shack account but can't figure out how to upload pics onto site
Any help would be great
Thabks

39Mustang

Established Member
Yea I agree with many here these new rules are for 10 yr olds not grown adults!

Its hard enough to write a topic or reply to one as my page locks up and freezes due to all the ads and blinking lights and when your server is too small the page freezes. Do you guys use Yahoo servers I wonder?

Its taking me 10 mins just to type this

Too many rules and people go elsewhere

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Yea I agree with many here these new rules are for 10 yr olds not grown adults!

Its hard enough to write a topic or reply to one as my page locks up and freezes due to all the ads and blinking lights and when your server is too small the page freezes. Do you guys use Yahoo servers I wonder?

Its taking me 10 mins just to type this

Too many rules and people go elsewhere

Are you selling something? Then your stuff is no good if it takes that long. It took me 15 seconds to type this.
Thanks for playing.

03'Darin

Established Member
What are the rules with a dealer posting an item? I have been a member here for probably about 18 years. I have sold several members vehicles through the forum. I posted a listing for our "Golden Ticket" GT500 last year and it quickly got removed. I never took time to find out why. We have allocation for another one this year and would like to post it on the forum. Just not sure what the rules are and don't want to get in trouble.

We have an allocation at this point so the customer can order the unit the way they want So I don't have any pictures of the actual car. Last year I sold our golden ticket car to a member on here.

Thanks in advance for your information

Darin

Users who are viewing this thread