New Massachusetts Inspection Program

Tauntonterror

Established Member
I saw this thread a couple weeks ago and blew it off, just went too my normal guy who has passed my exhaust for years.(straight piped but I'm a 99 so no emissions). He wouldn't touch the car and said stuffs changing around here. So looks like something is going too come of all this and it's going to suck.

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
New inspection program starts October 1st, last week to get your cars inspected under the old MA inspection regulations before the new rules take effect on Sunday.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
My sticker is up in October, I'll let you guys know how I make out

I guess it's about time I finally get one of those removable front plate brackets though

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
So the emission process plug in is still going to be the same.. Visually the state will have 5 camera's around the vehicle. The state wants picture's front and rear of vehicle including instrument cluster picture. So three picture's in total. Tint is also going to be scrutinized heavily!! Good luck guys!!

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
Got my sticker this morning and glad I did. My "guy" said come Monday don't come back because he wouldn't even try.

This was the last year for emissions for my 04 so after next years safety inspection I am going LT's, EGR delete and a bunch of other crap being removed.

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
Got my sticker this morning and glad I did. My "guy" said come Monday don't come back because he wouldn't even try.

This was the last year for emissions for my 04 so after next years safety inspection I am going LT's, EGR delete and a bunch of other crap being removed.

I got my sticker in June. Getting my car out of MA to IN here with me at school come May once I finish courses, as I will be here for the summer. Just going to fill the out of state exemption form and eventually register it out here. Done with the crap back home. No emissions, or safety out here. DMV looks at your VIN, and sends you on your way.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I wonder if all or more states will do the same?

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
Also another question. Green plates were grandfathered in years ago not requiring a front plate, is that going to stay the same, or are you going to need to trade in your green and get a Front/Back red plate? Only reason I ask is one of cars at home has a green plate still.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Also another question. Green plates were grandfathered in years ago not requiring a front plate, is that going to stay the same, or are you going to need to trade in your green and get a Front/Back red plate? Only reason I ask is one of cars at home has a green plate still.
For MA inspections you need both front and back plates.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm interested to see how this all works out. MA already had one major failure when they tried the dyno inspections.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Not true for the green plates, according to the guy I go to.
That is one of the points of having the camera system, to verify if a car has two plates - red, or one plate - green.
Ahhhhh,.........I see. My bad.
Thanks for clearing that up.

M91196

Established Member
I wonder if all or more states will do the same?

Nope, the other states constituents won't put up with this type of nonsense.

Typical MA, a pocket lining money grab for the systems manufacturers with patronage admin jobs full of nieces and nephews of state lawmakers with imperceptible impact on safety or emissions.

Remember when we had Registry Police? That was their job to give out sticker tickets.....

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Nope, the other states constituents won't put up with this type of nonsense.
Typical MA, a pocket lining money grab for the systems manufacturers with patronage admin jobs full of nieces and nephews of state lawmakers with imperceptible impact on safety or emissions.
Remember when we had Registry Police? That was their job to give out sticker tickets.....
Good 'ole MA, huh?!?!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Can't wait to retire and leave this state.

Users who are viewing this thread