new Mcleod rxt clutch is in !

tommy s

Established Member
Ok rented my friends garage and put in my new clutch took about 8 hrs, it wasen't a cake walk ! Wow what a light pedal feel !! Do you really have to break it in 500 miles !!?? I wanna go drag racing lol ! Anyway it's been pouring rain the last 2 days so I'll have to wait to play with the car further :)

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I'm interested to see how much you like this clutch. I'm about to pull the trigger on one while my engine is getting done.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
You lucky you know what. I have mine on the shelf waiting to install. Want to put it in but waiting for the stock one to give me problems. I thought it was going out about a week ago from the clutch smell I was getting but I guess it was just getting use to the new HP and gears lol. Sooner or later it will let go. Can't wait to have a reason to install the new clutch.

tommy s

Established Member
You lucky you know what. I have mine on the shelf waiting to install. Want to put it in but waiting for the stock one to give me problems. I thought it was going out about a week ago from the clutch smell I was getting but I guess it was just getting use to the new HP and gears lol. Sooner or later it will let go. Can't wait to have a reason to install the new clutch.

Mine let go with out a warning, no prior slippage,clutch smell nothin!! just started to race and bang, rev limiter in all gear !! limped home :((
Just don't wait to much to put the new one in .:burnout: Oh and by the way I only got 8k on mine!

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Can someone explain the difference between both fly wheels and which would be recomended and why?

I'm looking into this clutch mine is starting to act up after 20k miles and multiple passes at the track launching on sticky tires and powershifting every gear... Has def held up like a champ with the KB

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
I just put in the RXT. Yes, you have to break it in 500 miles and that is not highway miles. The breaking in will make the clutch operate much smoother. The flywheel setup is different than OEM and needs to be changed. I went to the track today and the clutch easily handled 2nd gear burnouts and was smooth and solid on the launch.

overtime

Established Member
Can someone explain the difference between both fly wheels and which would be recomended and why?

I'm looking into this clutch mine is starting to act up after 20k miles and multiple passes at the track launching on sticky tires and powershifting every gear... Has def held up like a champ with the KB

+1 I'm also curious about the two different flywheels that McLeod offers

Seahorse

Established Member
+1 I'm also curious about the two different flywheels that McLeod offers

Actually there are three: heavy steel, lightened steel (similar weight to stock), and aluminum.

I went with the lightened steel, as I find the stock weight setup works fine as is. From discussions prior to my own purchase, "heavy" steel is great for drag racing and aluminum is great for road racing. Stock weight it is for me as I do only a little of the former and none of the latter.

denial

Established Member
My clutch went out last night on my first run.Any part numbers on this kit? And also, what was the price you paid for this kit?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Actually there are three: heavy steel, lightened steel (similar weight to stock), and aluminum.

I went with the lightened steel, as I find the stock weight setup works fine as is. From discussions prior to my own purchase, "heavy" steel is great for drag racing and aluminum is great for road racing. Stock weight it is for me as I do only a little of the former and none of the latter.

I put a steel flywheel in my 04 because everyone said it was better for drag racing. My foot! It hits the damn tires to hard and besides that both cars make well over 500ft lbs of torque before 3,000 rpm's easily. Last thing we need is something else to hit the tires harder. If my 6spd goes back in that flywheel will not be going in with it.

I also ran a RXT in my car and after 1 full season of powershifted drag racing it literally looked brand new when it was taken out.

That's the main reason we just got set up with Mcleod to sell their products.:rockon:

My car drove Honda'ish.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
My clutch went out last night on my first run.Any part numbers on this kit? And also, what was the price you paid for this kit?

Check with D'Agostino. That's where I'm getting the RXT for my car and they had the best price I could find.

Newbreedgt05

Established Member
This is great news! I just ordered the RXT with lighweight steel flywheel from lethal performance and should be installing it this week. So far, I haven't heard any complaints with this setup. Everyone loves it. Can't wait to install it! :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread