New membe from Springfield, Missouri

99GTMichael

Established Member
New member from Springfield, Missouri

Decided to join this forum after recently purchasing a 1999 35th Anniversary GT. Sold my first car which was a 1999 V6 automatic to get this new GT. The V6 was a good car to me for a long time and it had some mods that I really enjoyed (MM welded FLSFC, MM caster/camber plates, Ford Racing C-springs, 13" Cobra brakes, KYB adjustable shocks + struts, GT rear end and sway bar, ported & polished heads and intake). However, there comes a point when it's time to move on. A GT was the obvious choice, coming from a Mustang family. I knew I needed a black on black car that was under 100,000 miles and wasn't modified. I ended up flying out to Colorado with my Dad and drove this car back. Absolutely THRILLED with this car and am so thankful to be in a GT with a manual transmission. Feels like I belong in it! The GT is black with black/silver anniversary interior. 89,xxx miles on the unmodified 4.6l (has the revised intake) and T-45 with Steeda Tri-Ax shifter. Interior is in perfect condition and exterior is very good. I really like the unique body features the 35th Anniversary has! Believe me when I say this car has EVERY piece of documentation possible. All the 35th Anniversary promotional items are in their original box unopened. Maintenance records go back to when the car was picked up from the dealership. I'm not opposed to replacing my factory clutch (original) along with adding an adjustable clutch cable, quadrant and firewall adjuster. Seems like this would be good preventative maintenance at this point. I'm not very happy with the feel of the clutch pedal (engages too high for my taste). I am fortunate enough to have a Ford 99-01 Cobra front bumper that I plan to have painted and installed along with having the hood & hood scoop repainted. I'd also like to add a catback exhaust system, but am torn because it's only factory original once. I appreciate a car that looks understated, so I don't have any significant cosmetic plans. However, I'd really like to get the factory headlights that appear to have a 'black' housing. I understand that the early headlights had a much brighter housing. Looking forward to learning from this forum! I might add better images later, but these are all I have for now.
vqvmoVpl.jpg

mJ8Lhqkl.jpg

ARnDOSDl.jpg

iuySDqIl.jpg

WWBTzu5l.jpg

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome to SVTPerformance, Michael. And congratulations on finding/buying that nice looking '99 Mustang GT 35th Anniversary Edition. Really clean overall! :beer: :rockon:

I appreciate your wanting to keep it as original/factory as possible. However, one mod that I highly recommend are lowering springs. The lowered stance will give your GT a much nicer appearance. But it's understandable if you'd rather keep it looking stock. Enjoy your GT! It's a nice one.

Users who are viewing this thread