New Member - Hello

mexelby

Hello Everyone,

Name is Mike, long time reader, first time poster. Always loved Mustangs, could never afford one. I know it's nothing to really brag about but I did recently take delivery of a Bone stock 2002 Ford Mustang GT 5-speed Convertible and for it's age it's been really well taken care of. I bought it for just under 7k with only 84k miles on the odo.

I don't plan on doing much with the car, when I bought it, it needed new front calipers (they were frozen) and the OEM radio was of no use to me so I replaced the radio as with a JVC Media Player.

Some plans include down the road putting on a after market exhaust, intake, and likely just a flash tune. I know 2v's aren't much fun in terms of modding but I didn't buy it for speed, I bought it for something to take the family to get ice cream and a summer driver, would have rather gotten a Terminator but insurance is a bit much... The Malibu pictured is my winter ride.

Thanks for looking.

Mustang1.jpg

Mustang2.jpg

Mustang3.jpg

Mustang4.jpg

Mustang5.jpg

Mustang6.jpg

Mustang7.jpg

Mustang8.jpg

Mustang9.jpg

Mustang10.jpg

Mustang11.jpg

Mustang12.jpg

Mustang13.jpg

the gillz

_
Established Member
Welcome and congrats on the purchase looks real clean for a 2002. I would recommend a styling bar they just don't look right without them. Keep us posted on progress

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome to SVTPerformance! Looks like a clean Mustang GT. Definitely fits the bill for a fun summer ride. Definitely look into installing a styling bar. They really make Mustang convertibles look better.

mustang-with-styling-bar.jpg

mexelby

Welcome to SVTPerformance! Looks like a clean Mustang GT. Definitely fits the bill for a fun summer ride. Definitely look into installing a styling bar. They really make Mustang convertibles look better.

View attachment 71007

I do like them however, wife said they look silly on a car. Obviously it's not her car, is yours a light bar as well or just a the styling bar? Hard to install? Cost effective?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have neither. I found that photo through Google. They run around $400-$500. I would say for the cost you're getting a new and nicer convertible look. But they aren't for everyone. It's about a 4 hour install, and you should be able to do it yourself. Here is a link to American Muscle's light bar installation instructions. http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustang-cdc-lightbar-9404-install.html

The lightbar is a styling bar with lights. The lightbar includes a high mounted LED brake light. I would imagine a styling bar will take slightly less time to install (no wiring).

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Go with a lightbar. Had one on my 04. Really liked it

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
MEXELBY, honest I can't understand how your wife can say a lightbar looks silly. I mean, just look how much more awesome that GT looks with the lightbar. If you do buy one, be sure to post up a photo after the install. :)

Users who are viewing this thread