New member w/ 03 Aniv

NODOZE

Established Member
New member checking in

I just got back from the dealership w/ my new 10 Aniv '03 Cobra. It's my third Mustang in six years! :rockon:

I used to post on older boards but it looks like this site gets alot of 03/04 owners. Good info too...

My last Mustang was a 99 Cobra. It wheelhopped, had the vibe, but other wise kicked a$$. I know the 03's wheelhop, but have they improved since 99 at all? (Haven't really romped on it).

My lord, it's fast!! Can't imagine how fast some are with the pulley mods, jeezus!!!

Who can point me to anywhere where I can read up on the free mods?

Thanks,

-Brian

capnlbj

Beam Me Up Scotty!
Established Member
Congrats and welcome aboard! I'm fairly new here also. Lots of advice, info and entertainment to be had. What color did you get?

(Brian also)

NODOZE

Established Member
Black... Always loved black Cobras... I know it's hard to maintain but I have the garage and it's not a daily driver right now.

-Brian

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulation on your 10th Anniversary Cobra. And welcome to the Terminator forum. You'll find yourself spending a lot of time here before long. How can you not with so much great info to read up on each day.
:beer:

Fang

Established Member
Welcome aboard. You will really love that car. Hopefully you won't have some of the problems some have had. Good luck.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Welcome -- and with all that power you better believe it wheel hops like a mother...

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Congrats on the Cobra and welcome to the best SVT board on the net! I love my 10th Annie and all 03/04s for that matter!

PS - I've never experienced wheel hop in my Cobra (3800 miles).

Last edited:

NODOZE

Established Member
Originally posted by BigBeez03
Congrats on the Cobra and welcome to the best SVT board on the net! I love my 10th Annie and all 03/04s for that matter!

PS - I've never experienced wheel hop in my Cobra (3800 miles).

So you can basically romp on it and just smoke them up w/o hop at all?

I thought they all experienced wheel hop (factory anyway)...

-Brian

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Originally posted by NODOZE
So you can basically romp on it and just smoke them up w/o hop at all? I thought they all experienced wheel hop (factory anyway)...
-Brian

I know many of the guys on the board complain of wheel hop, but
I personally have never experienced wheel hop in my Cobra and I've done numerous burnouts and drifts. I've heard you may not experience wheel hop until you swap the pulley and are in the 430+HP range.

All I'm saying is I wouldn't let this be your main focus or worry about it, I would be more concerned about "uncorking" the beast with a CAI and CB system. Bottomline you're going to freakin' love this car!

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
Nice color! You are in a pretty good location if you do decide to mod. There are a lot of good 4.6L Mustang shops in the Charlotte area.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
grats on the new anniversary :thumbsup:

Im one of those without wheel hop as well, never had it although i put sub frames and strut tower brace in as soon as I got the car.

no wheel hop, but like people are saying i think you have to get the horse power up before it starts to happen (unless people are getting it on stock cobras?)

anyway, enjoy it, the car is a blast top drive :rockon:

sweet10th

Established Member
Congrats man.
I just picked up my 10th Anni 3 weeks ago.
I got a black one also , badass.
I got to drive her 3 miles home then put her away and throw a car cover on her for the winter.
Cant wait for spring.

Users who are viewing this thread